Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FreeICE v2 anyone ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • FreeICE v2 anyone ?

    Started work on a all-new frontend.. freshly coded in vb.net with abit of flash on top :-)

    Will be a few weeks before a alpha is released... it's been a while since I did anything so I'm a bit rusty

    more to come...

    CdR
    Attached Files
    Follow me on Twitter

    http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

  • #2
    Awesome, great to see you back in the game CdRsKuLL

    Comment


    • #3
      alpha release coming soon :-)
      Attached Files
      Follow me on Twitter

      http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

      Comment


      • #4
        a blast from the past man welcome back!
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

        Comment


        • #5
          Hi fella,

          yep been a few years but it never goes away fully.. thought I would give freeice another bash..

          forgot how long skinning takes..... getting there now.
          Attached Files
          Follow me on Twitter

          http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
            Hi fella,

            yep been a few years but it never goes away fully.. thought I would give freeice another bash..

            forgot how long skinning takes..... getting there now.


            Nice to see FreeICE back in the game!

            to CdRskuLL from Norwich
            Nissan 100NX driver

            Comment


            • #7
              thanks for all the welcomes back...

              managed to do a little more today.. nearly.... completed the audio player and made a start on the main menu but I still need to do the audio browser.

              Here are a couple of pics
              Attached Files
              Follow me on Twitter

              http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

              Comment


              • #8
                Looking good so far CdRsKuLL, very much looking forward to this.

                Comment


                • #9
                  thanks fella.. started on the media browser tonight :-)



                  Steve
                  Follow me on Twitter

                  http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Looks cool. I'll be willing to give it a shot. If you can, could you maybe integrate Pandora into it. That is my main source of music.
                    Originally posted by Lincolnman
                    Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I've never played with Pandora sadly as I'm in the UK.. but that doesn't mean I can't do something with it. I'm assuming it's a music streamer and you need internet connection to use it? As Windows media player accepts streams then I dont think it will be a problem at all... When it's released it might be worth adding a html / htm / lnk or type of url into a folder.. and then loading it into the audio browser and see what happens.

                      Let me get it released first and we will have a go.

                      CdR
                      Follow me on Twitter

                      http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I did a little comparison last night when I loaded up FreeICE v1.92 on my laptop at home.. FreeICE 2 seems a lot faster to be honest :-) more smooth and less jerky. My laptops a SU1300 1.3 Dell thingy so I'm quite happy about that. I also took the plunge and bought a miniitx board and cpu off eBay.. Gigabyte board with a intel i5 650 chip (105 all in).. it's going to be faster than all my pc's put together.. lol Just need to get a case / screen / psu now then I'm in business

                        CdR
                        Follow me on Twitter

                        http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
                          I've never played with Pandora sadly as I'm in the UK.. but that doesn't mean I can't do something with it. I'm assuming it's a music streamer and you need internet connection to use it? As Windows media player accepts streams then I dont think it will be a problem at all... When it's released it might be worth adding a html / htm / lnk or type of url into a folder.. and then loading it into the audio browser and see what happens.

                          Let me get it released first and we will have a go.

                          CdR
                          Yes, Pandora is just a Internet radio. You go to "pandora.com" make an account and a station and start listening to music. I do not think Windows Media Player excepts streams but if it did I'm pretty sure it wouldn't with pandora. I'm sure you could basically make an app that goes onto their website and just skin over the top of it. I think I remember seeing a app for centrafuse that does that (I think). Pandora is flashed based so I don't think it would be too hard for you.
                          Originally posted by Lincolnman
                          Your English is fine, don't apologize. You're doing better than most Americans.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by kolton5543 View Post
                            Yes, Pandora is just a Internet radio. You go to "pandora.com" make an account and a station and start listening to music. I do not think Windows Media Player excepts streams but if it did I'm pretty sure it wouldn't with pandora. I'm sure you could basically make an app that goes onto their website and just skin over the top of it. I think I remember seeing a app for centrafuse that does that (I think). Pandora is flashed based so I don't think it would be too hard for you.

                            Originally posted by pandora.com
                            Dear Pandora Visitor,

                            We are deeply, deeply sorry to say that due to licensing constraints, we can no longer allow access to Pandora for listeners located outside of the U.S. We will continue to work diligently to realize the vision of a truly global Pandora, but for the time being we are required to restrict its use. We are very sad to have to do this, but there is no other alternative.

                            So, CDR would need to use a proxy to get around this to test it.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              yep proxy would be needed.. not a problem :-) I will have a play once I get something released.

                              One step closer.... Audio browser nearly done now :-)



                              Added icons and fixed a couple of bugs I had stuck in from bad coding.. all working as it should now. I've also added loading the first jpg it finds at the album cover, just the tag reading left now.. quick tidy up and release time

                              more to come...
                              Follow me on Twitter

                              http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X