Which Satnav do I code for?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which Satnav do I code for?

Just wondering what is the most popular satnav PC software everyone is using? It will need to be worldwide.. If you could let me know which version then I will download and have a play ready for the alpha 2 release.

thanks,

CdR
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

I would take a look at Navit, I believe that's what Meego is using.
    TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
    BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
    BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Thanks fella, will go and check it out. I should be ready to release the alpha over the next day or so :-) just a couple of things left to do.
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

i think iGuidance is still the most used in the states. GMPC picked up steam for awhile there but its discontinued
        mp3Car.com Senior Tech Blogger (Want a product reviewed? Contact me.)
        Follow Me on Twitter or Facebook
        Live mp3Car Facebook Chat

Comment

Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02 View Post
          i think iGuidance is still the most used in the states. GMPC picked up steam for awhile there but its discontinued
          Sonic is correct with his statement, I proposed Navit because it's open source and globally supported, however it has the perception of not being as up to date as Iguidance, which may be correct for the US.
          TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
          BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
          BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Hi fella, I just had a go of Navit and to be honest I couldn't get much out of it. The control functions on it are terrible and I couldn't even get it to route. I expected to be able to press the screen and a route to option appear not action. I'm hoping it's just me as if that's all that a car PC has to offer after my 3 year break then it's not much good.

Steve
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

although GMPC is no longer updatged i would love to see it supported.
              It's the only satnav i would consider using but would love to use freeice

Comment

i guess I'm a dinosaur - I'm still using FreeDrive.
                HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

I'm running destinator v9 but the original v6 maybe still works fine,

Haven't used iguidence but am willing to have crack at it.
                  ------------------------------------------
                  Originally posted by ClockWorK
                  Remember, as soon as you make something idiot-proof, they will come out with a better idiot.
                  ------------------------------------------

Comment

Putting the hand up for iGo 8.0 for PC

Comment

I'd vote garmin mobile PC, discontinued but I still think it's the best
                      The epitome of Function over form and is probably the best Car PC in Europe.
                      Visit my Homepage

Comment

Working...
                      X