FreeICE with live wallpaper :-)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FreeICE with live wallpaper :-)

ok.. for those with Alpha 4+ installed have a go at this...

Download the attached file, unzip it and put the tropicalboard.jpg into the backgrounds folder which is in the skin folder of FreeICE.

Start FreeICE up and enter 'edit mode' by simply press and holding an empty space on the menu screen.. select to change the background (bottom right button) and the toggle through until you see the moving wallpaper.. tap it and and away you go :-)

Let me know what you think.

CdR
    Attached Files
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

CdR, pretty cool,... only one problem though, "HI CPU"! I'm using a intel dual core 1.73 / 2 Gigs of Ram. I think I'll stick with the non-animation backgrounds,........ As you can see below.

PS: Also, the animation background uses more memory too.

Thanx anyway though.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by RAWPWR; 09-16-2011, 08:17 PM.

Comment

hmm two things..
      1. I will try a different way of exporting the swf to see if it helps with the CPU usage..
      2. That taskbar needs hiding. bit more code is needed me thinks.

:-)

Steve
      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

ooooo i like, and looks good, runs ok on my laptop, but real test will be in the car. cpu does go up 25% higher.
        ------------------------------------------
        Originally posted by ClockWorK
        Remember, as soon as you make something idiot-proof, they will come out with a better idiot.
        ------------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
          I will try a different way of exporting the swf to see if it helps with the CPU usage.
          Cool,.....that might fix it.

That taskbar needs hiding.
          I think that's because the tasks manager is focused/on top. The taskbar goes away when the task manager is unloaded.

Comment

Right.. I've coded in the ability to hide the taskbar now.. completely forgot about this as when you had gps embeded and it had focus the taskbar would appear. All done now :-)

will compile a new swf later on and send it over if you dont mind testing it for me. It might not make any difference but will be worth a try.

thanks,

Steve
            Follow me on Twitter

Comment

O.. also I notice your running full screen which would be a higher res than what you would run in the car, this would increase the cpu usage by loads. Try running at the default 800x600 and let me know. (set fullscreen=false in the settings.ini)

cheers

Steve
              Follow me on Twitter

Comment

O.. also I notice your running full screen which would be a higher res than what you would run in the car, this would increase the cpu usage by loads. Try running at the default 800x600 and let me know.
                Yeah, cpu is now a bit lower using 800x600 res. Even a 20%-35% jump is still high compared to 2%-5% with a non-animation background set to full screen. This is just a test lappy with 32 bit "7" running on it,...my CarPc is 800x600.

(set fullscreen=false in the settings.ini)
                This has been automatically set to false already when installed.

FreeIce is excellent so far mate.

Tnx.
                Attached Files
                Last edited by RAWPWR; 09-17-2011, 10:34 AM.

Comment

Its "simply" amazing!!
                  DFX5 The HOT ROD Skin Of Front Ends

Comment

Working...
                  X