RELEASE - FreeICE v2 Alpha 8

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RELEASE - FreeICE v2 Alpha 8

Just letting you all know that FreeICE 2.0 Alpha 8.2 has been released over on the FreeICE site.

Go get it from http://www.freeice.co.uk

Lots of fixes and a new media browser and hotkeys ... HUZZAH

Please post comments in here.

thanks

Steve
    Last edited by CdRsKuLL; 01-13-2012, 03:25 PM.
    Follow me on Twitter

http://www.FreeICE.co.uk

Glad we have a long weekend here, I'm going to give this a whirl on my machine....from what I could see of the Alpha 7 release, its going to replace CF at this rate for me!

Looking good, a nice fresh new design!

Comment

Works great! I updated my carpc before heading to work last night and works like a charm. The only thing im having a problem with is the Shuffle button on the music screen. The replay button works fine. Im really enjoying this front end a lot!

Comment

I've found a bug where if I go to hibernate with the radio on and then switch to mp3 just before hibernating, on resume both sources play.
        The epitome of Function over form and is probably the best Car PC in Europe.
        Visit my Homepage

Comment

lol you must have fast fingers.. will take a look at it :-)
          Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Found another bug, if you have the radio on, with a satnav running - I've tried garmin and igo8, then go to hibernate on resume it hangs. Have to do a ctrl alt del to recover. It looks like the satnavs scan the serial ports before freeice and that causes the radio to go into a loop and hang.

That's what I think anyway!?!
            Visit my Homepage

Comment

The Only thing i think this frontend could use in the music area is a Playlist maker. Its hard for me to sort through 40gb's+ of music while driving lol

Comment

yep a play list save/load will be coming soon. Will be quite easy to do.. just a few hours of coding needed :-)
                Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Am still yet to try this version but it's looking good,

On the playlist topic is it possible to make use of WMP's Auto playlists?

Comment

Just downloaded Alpha 8.2 and it is simply amazing.
                    The only thing I found so far is the repeat or auto-replay button. Whether it's on or off, thing still replays the entire playlist, and there is no stop button. So whenever FI is loaded, it continues from where it left off whether it was a song or a clip (the pause button works great but stopping requires an act of God :P)
                    As far as I could tell, that was all I could fine.

Great work on the Front End - It's coming along nicely.

Comment

Hi mrkjcy,

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated :-)

The way the repeat works is if it gets to the end of the track it's playing it will just start the same track again. If you press next / prev it will change track. Your correct in that if your on the last song and it ends it will then start the first song again. Round and round it will go so you will always have music.

Lots of things planned for FreeICE, it's more the case of finding time do to it. Plugin's are nearly completed so that would help me to code things in a bit quicker.

Steve
                      Follow me on Twitter

Comment

Im really liking this front end alot. So easy and simple to set up. If development keeps going. Flux-media should be worried.

Comment

Originally posted by pcmoto.com.au View Post
                          Im really liking this front end alot. So easy and simple to set up. If development keeps going. Flux-media should be worried.
                          +1
                          Visit my Homepage

Comment

The "round and round" feature (for lack of a better name ) works good and is a great feature to have. However, I still think it would be very beneficial to be able to not only pause but also stop a song/playlist. Not too sure how a stop button would be added since it would most likely throw off the layout somewhat (may be press-n-hold on the play/pause, or maybe even a widget...) Anyway, it just a thought. FI is still one of the best FE I've ever use

Originally posted by CdRsKuLL View Post
                            Hi mrkjcy,

Many thanks for your comments, much appreciated :-)

The way the repeat works is if it gets to the end of the track it's playing it will just start the same track again. If you press next / prev it will change track. Your correct in that if your on the last song and it ends it will then start the first song again. Round and round it will go so you will always have music.

Lots of things planned for FreeICE, it's more the case of finding time do to it. Plugin's are nearly completed so that would help me to code things in a bit quicker.

Steve
                            Last edited by mrkjcy; 11-02-2011, 08:15 PM.

Comment

as a query, what would happen if after you've stopped playback, and then pressed play? would it start from the begining of the playlist; track 1, time 00:00? or would it just resume from the last position in the current song?
                              ------------------------------------------
                              Originally posted by ClockWorK
                              Remember, as soon as you make something idiot-proof, they will come out with a better idiot.
                              ------------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
                              X