Freeway Ultra Dead?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Freeway Ultra Dead?

I hope not. Has anyone seen or heard from Oeri lately?

I was wondering the same when i posted the 'beta?' question.

I wonder if he's ****ed off at lack of donations/help offered for flash development.

Andy
    -------------------------
    What's that burning smell?

Comment

Where are you, oeri? Hope everything's well. Come back to Freeway soon!
      2002 Grand Am progress :
      [] - 80%
      ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

Comment

Hello, everyone. I haven't died. How is everything in MP3Car world?
        Offical Freeway Subforum
        Official Freeway Website

Comment

welcome back oeri
          FocusPC Stat:
          [~~~~~~~~~-] 95% Done
          FreeICE | FreeWay | iGuidance | Paper and pencil

FocusPC
          FreeWay Skins

Comment

Oeri, whats happening on the Freeway front. How come you've been gone so long?

Hope all is well.

Comment

I think this is a dead project. Anyone convinced of the same?
              New Age Garmin - Skin for RR
              New Age Slider - RR SKin In Progress
              "It's called CODE because I don't want you to know"

Comment

I don't understand why so many promising front ends just stop getting developed without any explanation...

Perhaps StreetDeck is paying all the developers off!

Comment

Sorry, I haven't had any time to dedicate to this project lately. It was basically a way for me to learn a new language (C#) and give back to the MP3Car community at the same time. I am not planning on continuing development of this front-end. I have a new job as a programmer for Facebook, and classes will be resuming soon. Here is the latest snapshot of the source code from 12/2006: http://www2.onu.edu/~m-keryeski/freeway-source.rar

Thanks everyone for their support.
                  Offical Freeway Subforum
                  Official Freeway Website

Comment

Thank you for releasing the source if your not going to be developing anymore, I would like to see freeway become more developed since it is so small fast and robust, not to mention mplayer!! its says much more about your character rather than disappering into the darkness with your code never to be seen again. (i.e. frodo)

I always liked your app and am considering taking a C# class after im done with my networking degree
                    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Continuing Development

I recently stumbled across this frontend and I must say that it seems to be a really simple FE and I agree with most of the comments made reagarding this FE that many of the FE's out there are too "clunky", over bloated software. I am in no way a C# developer; however, I do know VB and I think I could probably pick up on the C# fairly quickly. Personally I would like to see Freeway Ultra continue to grow and from what I am reading it is for all intensive purposes dead.

I am willing to help in development; however, I won't have the time to do it completely by meself. I have downloaded the source code and tend to jump in headfirst. It would be great if a couple others are willing to take the reigns along side of me.

So what do you think?

Jim

Comment

Continuing Development

i don't know how to program but if you need any help on the graphics end of things or testing just let me know
                        FocusPC Stat:
                        [~~~~~~~~~-] 95% Done
                        FreeICE | FreeWay | iGuidance | Paper and pencil

FocusPC
                        FreeWay Skins

Comment

Originally posted by MadDash View Post
                          i don't know how to program but if you need any help on the graphics end of things or testing just let me know
                          Cool because I can only make stick figures!!! I just reformatted my main rig so I am in the process of reinstalling all of my apps right now.

-Axel

Comment

Hey Alex,

Just to warn you, the source code I found to download wasn't the newest available (As I mentioned in my other thread). As far as I know, Oeri has not made the newest code available yet. (I'm still waiting to hear back from him).

->Frank
                            GoogleMapsGuidance Beta1 is out!

Comment

Well I have 0.7.214... I don't know if that is the latest but that is what was listed in this thread.

I have been reading through the source and to my amazement I am picking it up fairly quickly. Been kind of playing and breaking if you will. Seems fairly straight forward. If you find out something more regarding the version let me know. If you are going to contribute code as well that would be great. We all just need to be singing from the same sheet of music that is all.

Looking forward to working with you.

-Axel

Comment

Working...
                              X