Poll: Internet Usage in Car

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: Internet Usage in Car

I'm trying to find out how many people currently use or plan to use wireless Internet in their car.

Please comment one way or the other.
    Yes
    54.55%
    No
    19.70%
    Plan to in near future
    25.76%
    Offical Freeway Subforum
    Official Freeway Website

Yup. Tethered to my celly thru bluetooth for now. Soon will have a card.
    Tidder

Try RevFE
    The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

Yup, merlin S620 PC card with sprint! I love it...

Thanatos.
      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

nope - its much less of an option in australia

Comment

Yep, See Sig below. I've also been experimenting with how many options I can have all loaded and ready to use. So far I am able to use 1) Aircard in PCMCIA slot, 2) Cellphone thru bluetooth, 3) PocketPC Cellphone thru bluetooth, 4) PocketPC Cellphone hardwired to any USB port using activesync, 5) PocketPC cellphone hardwired to any USB port using CDMA USBModem Dialer, 6) USB 802.11G Wifi (this was fun when Yrean let me log on to his car and use his internet connection while I lounged in the park), and 7) mixed autosensing/autoswitching Aircard and 802.11G.
          HARDWARE: Fujitsu Stylistic ST5111w/WiFi and dock, internal Hitachi 500G HD, external 1TB HD, Sierra Wireless Aircard 550, DVD-RW, BoomzBox HD radio, XM Commander, Delorme GPS, Saitek X-52 Pro joystick, BluSoleil Bluetooth, TPMS, FB, Elm327

Comment

i plan on getting it as soon as its not a billion dollars a megabyte

Comment

Yep. Tethered via bluetooth to my Samsung A900/Sprint 920kbs... Use it for traffic cam updates, weather, surfing, gps tracking, etc... works great. oh and no charges for data since I have the power vision package... at least so far.. been 3-4 months...

Comment

yeup, I use a verizon card in a kr1 router.....
                MY NEWEST INSTALL:modded infiniti fx with big screen

first windows carpc install........my liquid cooled LVDS screen :D

Comment

Verizon phone, USB data cable. Not persistent connection, but gets the job done.
                  MII-12000 / Ampie / Lilliput 7" / BU-355 / PicoPSU / uSDC
                  Currently: Enjoying the setup, but always contemplating my next move...

Comment

I should mention, that altho I voted yes, it's extremely minimal usage, and 90% of the time it's from my work's wireless access point. I don't use cellular cause it's too damn expensive in Canada

Comment

I can use my XV6700 for EVDO connection. I rarely do. If i just want to check email, I do it right on the phone. Usually if I am in the car, I am too busy driving it to need an internet connection.
                      ~Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by W3bMa5t3r View Post
                        Yep. Tethered via bluetooth to my Samsung A900/Sprint 920kbs... Use it for traffic cam updates, weather, surfing, gps tracking, etc... works great. oh and no charges for data since I have the power vision package... at least so far.. been 3-4 months...
                        i also have sprint vision would you tell me which bluetooth receiver you use on you computer to access the internet via your a900 sprint phone

Comment

Originally posted by jsdr78 View Post
                          i also have sprint vision would you tell me which bluetooth receiver you use on you computer to access the internet via your a900 sprint phone
                          I use the Cellink BTA-6030 USB 2.0 Bluetooth Enhanced Adapter. Works perfectly, never had ANY issues with it.

Comment

not trying to hijack the thread but how much data usage is everyone having w/ their Sprint pc cards? Anything you don't like about it?
                            Setup:
                            Dynaudio 240GT
                            PPI PC4100, PPI PC2350
                            Zapco DSP6
                            ADS DAC
                            Testing new board (Albatron KI690-AM2)

"I dont know if complaints were filed, or mistakes were made, but feelings were hurt." -Krystal Washington

Comment

Originally posted by W3bMa5t3r View Post
                              I use the Cellink BTA-6030 USB 2.0 Bluetooth Enhanced Adapter. Works perfectly, never had ANY issues with it.
                              can you provide me with the setup process i already baught a d-link 2.0 bluetooth and when it connects drops right away it show a quick error authentication error, disconnect. i have the dia-up to dial #777 for sprint user name and password clear

Comment

Working...
                              X