Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[SOLVED] iGuidance error: Sound files missing or corrupted...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [SOLVED] iGuidance error: Sound files missing or corrupted...

First of all, let me say that this FE has a lot of potential, and I'm already looking forward to using it for real.

Issue: When I try to launch iGuidance, I get an error saying "Sound files missing or corrupted. Please reinstall from CD-ROM." I found a couple of similar threads (NeoCar & Centrafuse) and the issue seems to where the working directory is established. I'm using iGuidance 2.1.3 by the way. Any ideas?
    Mike

1998 Volvo V70 R AWD
    2.3L Turbo @ 17psi, 20% Tint
    SP-13000, 7" Lilli, Opus 120, 120GB SATA, Holux GR-213, Headrest LCDs

I haven't tested anything with IG 2.x. Before I even read your post, I guessed that the working directory might have been a problem. I assume IG works without being launched from Freeway? I'll try to add something to change the working directory before launching IG in the next release. I've got a few ideas.

For now, can you try to copy your sound files from iGuidance to your Freeway directory?
    Offical Freeway Subforum
    Official Freeway Website

Comment

Originally posted by red green View Post
      First of all, let me say that this FE has a lot of potential, and I'm already looking forward to using it for real.

Issue: When I try to launch iGuidance, I get an error saying "Sound files missing or corrupted. Please reinstall from CD-ROM." I found a couple of similar threads (NeoCar & Centrafuse) and the issue seems to where the working directory is established. I'm using iGuidance 2.1.3 by the way. Any ideas?
      this i also found will happen if you try to navigate to an area for which the maps are not loaded
      eg i enter lat and lon of texas when i don thave TX maps loaded
      .______
      | '_ |__\___
      [(o)|___(o)] XB
      ._________
      | I__I I_I|_\__I
      [(o)______(o)]b VanPimpin'

LostReceptions Apps D/L Here

GPSGasoline- Rewriting

Draw- SkribblePad for Touchscreens

iGQwerty-iG3.0 Qwerty Keyboard

CarPCNetwork

Comment

Originally posted by oeri View Post
        ...can you try to copy your sound files from iGuidance to your Freeway directory?
        That did it. Thanks a bunch!
        Mike

1998 Volvo V70 R AWD
        2.3L Turbo @ 17psi, 20% Tint
        SP-13000, 7" Lilli, Opus 120, 120GB SATA, Holux GR-213, Headrest LCDs

Comment

Working...
        X