Development update

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Development update

As I said previously, I will start working on Freeway again over Thanksgiving break. I plan on fixing a few DVD bugs and adding the ability to switch skins from within the program.

I'm starting a new project, however. I'm taking a stab at completely recording Freeway in C# to make it even faster than it is already, codenamed CCFRU. Same functionality, skin compatibility, etc. Let me know what you guys think about that.
    Offical Freeway Subforum
    Official Freeway Website

You should consider mplayer for your backend if you really want speed and intergration. Currently there is no GUI for the windows version, its all command line but it should be easy to integrate. Its open source and it will play any file thrown at it. There is a fork in the roadrunner project called 'enicar' (in these forums) that is using mplayer backend and its hella fast

http://www.mplayerhq.hu/design7/news.html

Just a thought. I really like the idea of a solid C frontend. Keep up the great work oeri
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

I don't know all about this C stuff but a faster program sounds awesome to me!!

Andy
      -------------------------
      What's that burning smell?
      -------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by oeri View Post
        ...I plan on fixing a few DVD bugs ...
        That would be great... DVD playback has been poor in my trials so far.
        GoogleMapsGuidance Beta1 is out!

Comment

You can expect mplayer utilization in the first C# build. Much faster and more reliable.
          Offical Freeway Subforum
          Official Freeway Website

Comment

Very glad to hear this! I've been using mplayer on linux for years and its a rock solid lightweight genuine media player. Winamp works but mplayer just rocks. Looking foward to your future development.

Comment

My carputer

Old one

Comment

Quick update -- here's a screenshot of Freeway Ultra in C# goodness -- not too much different looking, huh? I've finished the media screen so far.

Offical Freeway Subforum
                Official Freeway Website

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                  Currently there is no GUI for the windows version, its all command line
                  Erm...
                  Attached Files
                  Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

Hey, what about VLC. This player rocks, it play almost everything that can be played
                    What do you think?

Comment

Yeah I realized that they JUST released a RC version of mplayer with a GUI for windows. First time since mplayer was released some few years ago. This is not the point though. You can use mplayer without the GUI which is a benefit for a frontend. It tightens integration. Looking good so far oeri, you must have taken a C# class this semester

Comment

I have not tried mplayer, but unless its better than VLC, VLC beats winamp/M$ IMHO
                        Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
                          Looking good so far oeri, you must have taken a C# class this semester
                          I have actually -- and it's my first experience with any of the C languages (C++, C#, etc.). We're learning how to add two integers in class right now, so as you can see I'm a little ahead of schedule.
                          Offical Freeway Subforum
                          Official Freeway Website

Comment

Teacher's pet!

2002 Grand Am progress :
                            [••••••••••••••••………] - 80%
                            ...complete setup, but still need to make the install cleaner

Comment

Originally posted by mercury7 View Post
                              Teacher's pet!
                              Haha, it's funny actually -- I have like a 99% in the class and the class average is somewhere in the 60's or 70's... and I'm not a computer science/programming major, either.
                              Offical Freeway Subforum
                              Official Freeway Website

Comment

Working...
                              X