Features for the best front end

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Features for the best front end

Hey, guys, before Ultra gets into a beta stage, I want to take any and all suggestions from anyone on how to make Freeway best fit your needs. Let me know, and I'll consider every one of them.
    Offical Freeway Subforum
    Official Freeway Website

I don't use Freeway, and I don't know what is already supported, but if these do become or already are available, I might switch!

Graphical WiFi Hotspot finder. Like the Toshiba's have (ConfigFree - http://www.hanselman.com/blog/conten...configfree.jpg)

Dual Monitor support. Most importantly, gps on 1 screen, and the rest on another.

CD Ripping Function and CD Audio playback.

Random playback feature for videos and music. And truly random with a seed and everything. Not like RR where you can predict the next song because it is always the same. Defeats the purpose of random.

And I am sure I'll think of more later!
    Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
    1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
    30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
    15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
    Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Well, native phoco support would be nice =)
      My carputer

Old one

Comment

Hey what about HORM support (or EWF)? So you don't do any writings to HDD, I know some files need to be written anyway, and for those you provide user-selectable location...
        And keep it fast

Comment

Originally posted by stric View Post
          Hey what about HORM support (or EWF)? So you don't do any writings to HDD, I know some files need to be written anyway, and for those you provide user-selectable location...
          And keep it fast
          THAT would be AWSOME =D
          My carputer

Old one

Comment

Feature:
            Be able to toggle between 2 different winamp output plugins on the fly - by pressing a button onscreen.

That would allow users to setup 1 plugin for normal audio playback, and another for gapless playback.
            When they listen to a mixtape/cd they turn on the Gapless playback button.

Comment

The FreewayUltra runs the mPlayer. So there is no winamp...

Comment

I'd like the audio and video screens to make accessing files through different routes really simple. The current freeway library and playlist setup is great but usb sticks and cds would make it better

ie, buttons to take you to Playlists, Library, CD/DVD Player, USB Stick etc

Andy
                -------------------------
                What's that burning smell?

Comment

Originally posted by a-ten View Post
                  I'd like the audio and video screens to make accessing files through different routes really simple. The current freeway library and playlist setup is great but usb sticks and cds would make it better

ie, buttons to take you to Playlists, Library, CD/DVD Player, USB Stick etc

Andy
                  You can already access files off of a USB stick, etc., from the file browser. I was also thinking of adding an "import media" feature that would copy files from the USB stick to the hard drive. What do you think?
                  Offical Freeway Subforum
                  Official Freeway Website

Comment

If it could be told to just look in certain folders on the USB stick / HDD that would be a nice feature!
                    My carputer

Old one

Comment

Originally posted by 2k1Toaster View Post
                      ...Dual Monitor support. Most importantly, gps on 1 screen, and the rest on another...
                      Yes! Only I'm thinking of it for rear-seat entertainment. I'm imagining one of the tabs on the left reading "Rear Seat" and when you click on it you get a list of the available rear seat media (different directory than front-seat media). The ini file could be used to name the secondary devices (sound card & video card), and a second instance of mplayer could control what's playing. I currently use ZoomPlayer, and it's OK, but on every video change the control bar pops on top of Freeway and it's just not as integrated feeling as I'd like for it to be.

I would like to be able to browse by genre or make smart playlists. I use the genre tag in all my files to mimic XM station names, and when I used to use FrodoPlayer, I would select the playlist named "The Joint" for example, and all the reggae tunes would start. Any way to achieve this end result by other means would mean a great deal to me.

Audiobooks: A separate list with AAC (.m4b or .m4a) playing and bookmarking. I listen to a lot of audiobooks, and it's a pain to use yet another piece of software (in my case, XMPlay) just so that it will save my place when I take a break to listen to music.

Windows sound control. The ability to change levels on Front ,Rear, Center, & LFE and mute/unmute each one. Oh, and of course, an EQ. I'm still using your Winamp version just to have the EQ. My system sounds like *** without it.

To me, those are the biggies. I don't want the software to become bloated, either, so maybe each module could be turned on/off like a plugin. I personally don't care about gas price lookups, weather forecasts, movie showtimes, or even picture viewers. I do, however, care about the things I listed above, and I suspect the list is different for each of us. RR is attractive to the masses because you can just ignore the things you don't want, but it would be better if you could turn off the things you don't want.

And when you feel like opening up the project to contributors, let me know. I may not know much, but I'll help with anything I can.

Best Regards,
                      Mike
                      Mike

1998 Volvo V70 R AWD
                      2.3L Turbo @ 17psi, 20% Tint
                      SP-13000, 7" Lilli, Opus 120, 120GB SATA, Holux GR-213, Headrest LCDs

Comment

You can already access files off of a USB stick, etc
                        Ah, clearly haven't explored standard freeway enough!

Andy
                        What's that burning smell?

Comment

the option to embed external programs into freeway ultra
                          FocusPC Stat:
                          [~~~~~~~~~-] 95% Done
                          FreeICE | FreeWay | iGuidance | Paper and pencil

FocusPC
                          FreeWay Skins

Comment

1) Get rid of the menu on the left, Thats why I hate centrafuse!
                            Why does this menu should consume precious screen space!??
                            When listening to music for example, you could put visualizations there instead, In GPS mode every inch is important and the map should consume as much as possible of the screen!
                            Finally, You can put a 'menu' button somewhere in the skin that brings you a fullscreen sized menu with music/video/pics/weather/shutdown etc in it.

2) Add seek bar.

3) Add fullscreen mode with nothing but visualization/video screen shown.
                            when touching anywhere on the screen, it brings you on the bottom of the creen the controls menu with extra button to exit fullscreen mode and also seeking bar, also on the top of the screen it would show the filename and playing time .
                            The menu should auto hide after few seconds.
                            Take a look at FrodoPlayer to get the idea.

4) Add the ability to choose the startup screen when freeway starts: music/video/pics/weather or the last one that was used.

5) Add support for loading a DLL by freeway, just like the concept of general plugins in winamp.
                            This could ,for example, load the phone integration fo instance when freeway starts.

And when you feel like opening up the project to contributors, let me know. I may not know much, but I'll help with anything I can.
                            I would also luv to contribute.

Thanks for this great software, It has a great potential.

/Me.

Comment

Browse by album art would be great, but only if it can be done quickly. The RR implementation of this is so slow that it is unusable for me. The picture files may have to be stored or referenced from some sort of precompiled database or something like that to make it possible.
                              GoogleMapsGuidance Beta1 is out!

Comment

Working...
                              X