Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

File Types supported in the FrodoPlayer.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • File Types supported in the FrodoPlayer.

    Code:
    [Version 1.0.4]
    .MPG --- MPEG Video 1,2
    .MPEG -- MPEG Video 1,2
    .AVI --- AVI Video
    .WMV --- Window Media Video
    .WMA --- Window Media Audio
    .ASF --- Advanced Streaming Format (Windows)
    .ASX --- Advanced Streaming Format (Windows)
    .MP3 --- MPEG 2, Layer 3 Audio
    .MP2 --- MPEG 2, Layer 2 Audio
    .OGG --- OGG Vorbis Audio
    .WAV --- Wav Audio
    .MID --- Midi Audio
    .CDA --- Compact Disc Audio
    .APE --- Monkey's Audio
    .MOV --- Quicktime Video
    .RM  --- Real Media (Audio/Video)
    .RA  --- Real Audio
    .RAM --- Real Media (Audio/Video)
    The ability to add your own is being worked on.

    Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

  • #2
    I don't know if you have seen this or not, but avaliable from Final Builds You can get "QuickTime Alternative" and "Real Alternative".

    QuickTime Alternative will allow you to play QuickTime files (.mov, .qt and other extensions) without having to install QuickTime Player. It also supports QuickTime content that is embedded in webpages. The QuickTime plugins include iPIX and QuickTimeVR. The QuickTime Browser plugin supports Internet Explorer, Opera, Mozilla and Netscape.
    I just use the DirectShow filters out of the setup and now i can play REAL and Quicktime media through WMP. If you haven't tested it already do so, it works well. Seem you app uses WMP, there should be no problem with getting it to work.
    We are, will have and forever will be...
    But not tommorrow!

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by AlienEclipse
      I don't know if you have seen this or not, but avaliable from Final Builds You can get "QuickTime Alternative" and "Real Alternative".



      I just use the DirectShow filters out of the setup and now i can play REAL and Quicktime media through WMP. If you haven't tested it already do so, it works well. Seem you app uses WMP, there should be no problem with getting it to work.

      That is exactly how I am supporting them. It will all be in the instructions for 1.0.4
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

      Comment


      • #4
        The ability to play native TY streams would be fairly cool for us TIVO freaks.
        2004 4runner

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by rando
          The ability to play native TY streams would be fairly cool for us TIVO freaks.
          Try this: http://sourceforge.net/projects/tyshow/
          Don't Fear The Gurkey
          Click here to check out My Setup

          Comment


          • #6
            Sweeeeet!!!!
            2004 4runner

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by frodobaggins
              Code:
              [Version 1.0.4]
              .MPG --- MPEG Video 1,2
              .MPEG -- MPEG Video 1,2
              .AVI --- AVI Video
              .WMV --- Window Media Video
              .WMA --- Window Media Audio
              .ASF --- Advanced Streaming Format (Windows)
              .ASX --- Advanced Streaming Format (Windows)
              .MP3 --- MPEG 2, Layer 3 Audio
              .MP2 --- MPEG 2, Layer 2 Audio
              .OGG --- OGG Vorbis Audio
              .WAV --- Wav Audio
              .MID --- Midi Audio
              .CDA --- Compact Disc Audio
              .APE --- Monkey's Audio
              .MOV --- Quicktime Video
              .RM  --- Real Media (Audio/Video)
              .RA  --- Real Audio
              .RAM --- Real Media (Audio/Video)
              The ability to add your own is being worked on.

              Frodo
              Hi Frodo,

              I can see a lot of supported file types. Why is it that none of my video files (Divx, VCD, SVCD, avi) show up in the video player? When I did the setup, and point it to the Video folder it didn't even scan the video files like the MP3 folder. Did I do something wrong? I have just installed the latest version. Thanks in advance.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by mereg
                Hi Frodo,

                I can see a lot of supported file types. Why is it that none of my video files (Divx, VCD, SVCD, avi) show up in the video player? When I did the setup, and point it to the Video folder it didn't even scan the video files like the MP3 folder. Did I do something wrong? I have just installed the latest version. Thanks in advance.
                Press mode forward or back until you get to video.
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by frodobaggins
                  Press mode forward or back until you get to video.
                  Thanks Frodo, got it now. So now when I go into Video Mode, all my video files showed up in the listing window no matter if they are actually divided into 4 different folders ( I have them divided up into folder: Divx, VCD&SVCD, Stream Music Video, Misc). Is this correct? Or is there a way to setup so I can go into individual folder. It looks like that is the way with all my MP3 files too. Thanks in advance. I will post some screen shot in the "install photo" area in a few days.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mereg
                    Thanks Frodo, got it now. So now when I go into Video Mode, all my video files showed up in the listing window no matter if they are actually divided into 4 different folders ( I have them divided up into folder: Divx, VCD&SVCD, Stream Music Video, Misc). Is this correct? Or is there a way to setup so I can go into individual folder. It looks like that is the way with all my MP3 files too. Thanks in advance. I will post some screen shot in the "install photo" area in a few days.

                    If you want your mp3 files to not recurse, you can turn off recursion for them in settings.

                    Frodo
                    [H]4 Life
                    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by frodobaggins
                      If you want your mp3 files to not recurse, you can turn off recursion for them in settings.

                      Frodo
                      Thanks again Frodo for the quick response. Is it possible for no recursion in the Video Files? I'm getting to install this great player in my carpc, but I can't seem to find the post about other software requirement that Frodoplayer needs to run properly. I remembered that I had to install a few other softwares before installing Frodoplayer on my desktop. I tried to search in the MP3CAR forum with no luck and since your website is down can you please let me know the list of software requirement. Thanks in advance.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I dont know how much work it would be, but what about support for m3u play lists? Ive got lots made up, and it would just be faster then building more. If its too hard then dont worry.
                        Project AutoBoxen: Coming along, almost ready to hook up in the car.
                        Celeron 500, 192mb ram, 8gb hdd, other stuff.
                        '91 Mazda 626: Its free, so ill use it.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Charliey
                          I dont know how much work it would be, but what about support for m3u play lists? Ive got lots made up, and it would just be faster then building more. If its too hard then dont worry.
                          It already supports m3u playlists. Put them in the playlists directory.

                          It supports FPP,SFPP,M3U,PLS
                          [H]4 Life
                          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                          I'm a lesbian too.
                          I am for hire!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by mereg
                            Thanks again Frodo for the quick response. Is it possible for no recursion in the Video Files? I'm getting to install this great player in my carpc, but I can't seem to find the post about other software requirement that Frodoplayer needs to run properly. I remembered that I had to install a few other softwares before installing Frodoplayer on my desktop. I tried to search in the MP3CAR forum with no luck and since your website is down can you please let me know the list of software requirement. Thanks in advance.
                            It's in the announcement.
                            [H]4 Life
                            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X