Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm gonna let ya'll decide on XM Layout...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm gonna let ya'll decide on XM Layout...

Gimme some concept art and/or word pictures of how you would like
    the XM portion to look like.
    (doesn't have to be fancy, just looking for layout suggestions)

Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

If you could post a sample of the information that needs to be displayed i can give some imput. I have XM in my car but sadly it isnt the pc usb version but more than happy to put my 2cents in as one day im hoping to get rid of the car version i have now.
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
      If you could post a sample of the information that needs to be displayed i can give some imput. I have XM in my car but sadly it isnt the pc usb version but more than happy to put my 2cents in as one day im hoping to get rid of the car version i have now.
      Well, that's part of it, what would people WANT displayed.
      So how about I post what I CAN provide.

I can provide:

Signal Strength. (All 3)
      Radio ID
      Current Song
      Current Artist
      Current Channel
      Current Genre
      Volume
      List of whats playing on all channels
      etc

What do you want displayed and how would ya'll like to
      see it. Also what features you want.

Frodo
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
        LIKE THIS!! http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6&page=1&pp=15

Sorry, I'm not much help. I don't have XM so I don't even know what to want.
        Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
        512mb DDR333
        Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Frodo,

I would like to see the current station, song name and artist at the top area.

A table of channels showing station id, name, song, artist at the center.
          To the left of the table I would like a 'mode' button. The different modes should be:
          All, showing all stations;
          Favorites, showing favorite channels;
          Genre, allowing selection of different genres;
          Search, allowing a list of search by song name/artist name.

The search mode should allow the user to input a search criteria for content. If the #1 search criteria (say a song name) the player should switch to the channel that is playing the song. If there are no hits after the player already switched to a channel based on a hit, it should switch back to the original station. When there are no hits the player should stay at the selected channel.

Under the mode bottom there should be a numeric entry area to enter channel number.

At the bottom there should be a signal meter (best of three showing. Click to change).

Volume at the same place (together with the clock) as in the mp3 screen. In general the more similar it is the better.

My .02 cents

Comment

XM Radio Module

1. Preset Buttons 6-8 Buttons
            2. A Key Pad (enter in stations)
            3. Whats Playing (Artist, Song, including Channel)
            4. Next Channel/Prev Channel Buttons
            5. Mute
            6. Power
            7. Signal Strength
            8. Whats Playing on Other Channels (i would say a short list that can be scrolled, maybe 10 stations, in cat. rock, pop, news, sports etc)

thanks what i would want anyway!

Comment

Originally posted by bimmercore
              XM Radio Module

1. Preset Buttons 6-8 Buttons
              2. A Key Pad (enter in stations)
              3. Whats Playing (Artist, Song, including Channel)
              4. Next Channel/Prev Channel Buttons
              5. Mute
              6. Power
              7. Signal Strength
              8. Whats Playing on Other Channels (i would say a short list that can be scrolled, maybe 10 stations, in cat. rock, pop, news, sports etc)

thanks what i would want anyway!
              I would prefer 8-10 presets buttons preferable along the bottom of the screen. Also, please allow the USER to make a favorites list so I don't have to scroll thru all the stations I never have or will listen to. This will be similar to blocking out the home shopping network on your TV.
              My Celica Carputer Install

Comment

Originally posted by ddogg_777
                LIKE THIS!! http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...6&page=1&pp=15

Sorry, I'm not much help. I don't have XM so I don't even know what to want.
                Don't steal my stuff, please!
                It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

Hehheh, I was hoping that Frodo would get in contact with you more mods. It's about time you show up, I have been waiting to see how your work has come along.
                  512mb DDR333
                  Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by EBJUSTIN
                    Also, please allow the USER to make a favorites list so I don't have to scroll thru all the stations I never have or will listen to. This will be similar to blocking out the home shopping network on your TV.
                    Hmmm, I bet this could be similar to the way we click and hold on a song in the song list to delete it. I like the idea. There should also be a refresh button to reload the stations.
                    512mb DDR333
                    Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

anyone knows how XM goes up north in canada?

is there any XM stations or just plain empty air?
                      -Mars

Comment

Originally posted by ddogg_777
                        Hehheh, I was hoping that Frodo would get in contact with you more mods. It's about time you show up, I have been waiting to see how your work has come along.
                        I have been installing my carputer, so no time for skinning. Also waiting to see what Coyote's next move will be.
                        It's the cake having/eating thing.

Comment

I think something similar to touchXM (see attached) would be about right. I actually started working on photochopping an example, hopefully I'll get it done before Frodo actually finishes coding.

Here's the skinny...

Retain buttons on left side, but change right and left to up and down

Next column have a listing of all channels

Next column have XM logo on top, use graphics to represent satellite signal strength, add additional bar graph below the words Satellite Radio for terrestrial signal strength

Below logo have preset buttons, can they display channel as well as current song on button? Maybe have it oscillate vback and forth.

Last column use graphic window, oscillating between current channel info and jpg graphic if one was available on the PC (I'm not asking for much), or maybe not oscillating, but selectable.

Below graphic make a 12 key keypad with enter and previous buttons.
                          Attached Files
                          TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
                          BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
                          BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

one thing i hate about touchXM is i cannot use my External Num Pad (that i am mounting in my center console for quick tuning/dial pad for bluetooth phone), so touchxm is cool but my keypad is useless with it, i would like the xm part to be able to use a external keypad.........vewwwww

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                              (doesn't have to be fancy, just looking for layout suggestions)

Frodo
                              I would like it to look just like the other brushed metal skins in MC.

But if thats not possible, the stock xm looks good just make it fit the lcd screen not round like below.

Will this work with media car, when you are done?

Comment

Working...
                              X