Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possible to play .mp4 files in Frodoplayer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible to play .mp4 files in Frodoplayer?

I'm ripping my dvd's to .mp4s. I tried adding the extension in Frodoplayer setup, but they still won't play. Is it possible for Frodoplayer to play mp4 files?

It should as long as you have the codec. Have you tried playing it in WMP9 ?

Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
      It should as long as you have the codec. Have you tried playing it in WMP9 ?

Frodo
      Yes. WM9 doesn't see it as a media file, so I have to choose 'all files', then it says it doesn't recognize the extension and that the files is either corrupt or not supported by WM9. However, Quicktime player on Mac and PC can play it.

Comment

Originally posted by slffl
        Yes. WM9 doesn't see it as a media file, so I have to choose 'all files', then it says it doesn't recognize the extension and that the files is either corrupt or not supported by WM9. However, Quicktime player on Mac and PC can play it.
        Install quicktime alternative.
        [H]4 Life
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

I've installed all of the programs on your website. I also installed quicktime and DivX. I searched for .mp4 codecs, but didn't really come up with anything. Oh Well, I guess I'll encode them into something else or wait until I change my carputer to a mac. Thanks for your help though.

Edit: I just tried opening it up in Quicktime Alternative's own media player and it said "could not render file", so it must be something wrong with Quicktime Alternative.

Comment

Are you files encrypted ?
            [H]4 Life
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

I'm having a similar problem with .mov files.
              I have video and audio when using the Quick Time and Real Time alterative program "Media Plaer Classic" from Windows XP. However, when I try to play the video from within FrodoPlayer I only receive the video. Is there something I'm missing?

Comment

Working...
              X