That was SO frickin' COOL !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That was SO frickin' COOL !

I have never used a GPS mapping programm before (used a GPS in the military but nothing like this)

Anyway, I borrowed a laptop from work and fired up routis with my new GPS.
    Routis ******* ROCKS. It was great, and accurate as hell. I started zigging and
    zagging here and there just to watch it re-route. If ya'll thought I had the
    carputer bug before, you should be in my head NOW ! (well maybe you shouldn't,
    but that's another story. )

Frodo
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

yeah, routis is pretty cool!! i hear a new version is coming in mid-july with new bug fixes.

Comment

Originally posted by fondoo
      yeah, routis is pretty cool!! i hear a new version is coming in mid-july with new bug fixes.
      I had problems installing... when it goes to generate maps it tells me theres some corrupt file and then it terminates, any one else having similar problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Urinemachine
        I had problems installing... when it goes to generate maps it tells me theres some corrupt file and then it terminates, any one else having similar problems?
        Were you installing a bunch at one time or individually ?
        [H]4 Life
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

i had no problems installing routis..
          rebuilding carpc... kinda..

Comment

hey frodo did you notice any lag using routis. i'm wondering if it's my receiver or if it's the software.
            my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
            wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
            company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

Comment

there was a slight lag for me..maybe 10-20 feet off. i dont remember if it fixed itself when i was stopped... it might not be a lag, it might just be "off" of exactly where i am because there was a few times when i would be on the highway and it would tell me to get back on the nearest road.

Comment

sometimes it has me 20 or 30 yards away from an intersection when i'm sitting at the light. it also seems like the voice prompts are a bit slow. it will say turn in 400 yds and it looks more like 200 to 300 at most and just before you get to a turn it should tell you to turn but often i will get the voice prompt while i'm in the middle of my turn. also it always takes a long time to get a lock. that may be because i'm using the receiver for copilot 2003 with a virtual port replicator (gpsgate). if i don't use gpsgate or something like it i get the bsod using routis and my receiver. maybe i need a new receiver.

Comment

Originally posted by kuo
                  it also seems like the voice prompts are a bit slow. it will say turn in 400 yds and it looks more like 200 to 300 at most and just before you get to a turn it should tell you to turn but often i will get the voice prompt while i'm in the middle of my turn.
                  If you drive slower the voice will have more time to react.

Batman
                  [email protected]
                  www.samshomepage.net

Comment

thanks for the tip batman

Comment

does copilot 2003 delay like routis does?

Comment

Cool. I'm glad you like it! I had a similar reaction. The very first day I got my hands on a GPS I just went zigzagging all over the place just to watch the thing get me home. And the 3D view is very helpful and easy to understand too
                        00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                        Newest install - my quickest ever
                        My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                        My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

i did not notice lag using copilot 2003. the map and voice prompts update in what seems like realtime.

Comment

Routis is my favorite now too! I like how if you miss a turn, it just automatically starts telling you new directions. I think the delay at start up (and other times) is because it's getting info and doing some calculations and probably has to see some movement before it shows anything. That's just a guess though.

Comment

I had no lag, and never off more than a couple feet.
                              [H]4 Life
                              I'm a lesbian too.
                              I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                              X