frodoplayer problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frodoplayer problem

aight so i hit a bump, computer rebooted, now frodo won't work, says can't open database and quits (which sucks, make it so that it lets you run the program at least)

so i uninstall and allow it to remove ocx's, reinstall and now it says that "dist.ocx" is not valid and won't run at all

wtf? i liked frodo until all of this crap

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Originally posted by freestyler
    aight so i hit a bump, computer rebooted, now frodo won't work, says can't open database and quits (which sucks, make it so that it lets you run the program at least)

so i uninstall and allow it to remove ocx's, reinstall and now it says that "dist.ocx" is not valid and won't run at all

got it working, had a diff version on my usb key

still frodo can you make it so that it won't kill hte app if the db is bad?

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

dist.ocx is not a part of frodoplayer.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

got it working, had a diff version on my usb key

still frodo can you make it so that it won't kill hte app if the db is bad?
        What would be the point of the app loading if the db was bad ?
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
          You could always keep a spare copy of the db schema lying around so that FP could automatically rebuild the db in case of a failure. Just a thought ... not an actual feature request (at least not from me).
          2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
            what's the point of using this application if when the db gets corrupt you can't start over from a fresh db unless you reinstall it? starting to sound kind of microsoft like to me....

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

easy tiger.. remember the application is free.. frodo does a lot to accomodate what we want so i don't think that kind of attitude is really deserved.

what's the point of using this application if when the db gets corrupt you can't start over from a fresh db unless you reinstall it? starting to sound kind of microsoft like to me....

Comment

ungrateful.....
                -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

WTF?

dude, is free, quit whining! or at least change your tone, then he MIGHT pay attention to your request
                  '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

Well, isn't that the ***-post of the week....
                    Car: 2000 Audi A4 Avant 1.8t
                    Carputer 2.0: removed. Back to stock.

Comment

yeah just stop using it if it gets you so upset

after all you didn't pay a dime for it, did you?
                      '96 Chevy Cavalier - EPIA M10000, Win2K,MediaCar, Deluo GPS Mouse with Routis, 60GB external HD, 7" widescreen monitor from DigitalWW.

'00 Jeep Wrangler - planning stage

What can BROWN do for you?

Comment

relax people, cripes....

yes it's free i expect bugs, but come on, the application should be able to run if the db gets corrupt, so you can recreate it....the fact that frodo is taking the time to make a kick *** frontend is great, i just dont think he realizes that the app should be runable still so you can fix the issue without having to reinstall, as a developer you dont want to have the answer be "reinstall"

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

I think your tone is what people are complaining about. You seem so ungrateful. We don't mind whiners...but we do mind ungrateful whiners.

We are here to help and when we see a post like yours when it seems you are ungrateful.

Maybe a key for next time is to preface you question with some praise and not comments like

Cheers
                          -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

...its not as if it takes an hour to install...took me half a minute. If the download time bugs you get broadband or save all the setup files for stuff you download in one folder(helps with making backups and not having to redownload or look around for apps)
                            Kefka_Killer.owns(you);

Comment

Well how was that vehicular multimedia application of yours coming along freestyler?

Comment

Working...
                              X