Auto skin switching by lights

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Auto skin switching by lights

Just a thought, now that you have that cool handbrake option, could that be adapted to switch skins if it was hooked up to the lights.

In other words, turn lights on, change to night skin. I think this was already covered in another thread for mediacar, but as you now have some sort of hardware interface to a +12v trigger, then maybe it could easily be adapted.

Feel free to flame, shoot, dismiss, whatever....

Craig
    Audi S8 supercar
    Modded Xbox 400GB HD
    Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
    Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
    MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
    Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

I think it would be alot easier if the skin changed according to the time on the clock instead of doing a hardware hookup to the light switch. The changing skin idea is good though. AOL has that sort of thing that changes depending on the time of day.

Comment

Originally posted by biomekanik
      I think it would be alot easier if the skin changed according to the time on the clock instead of doing a hardware hookup to the light switch. The changing skin idea is good though. AOL has that sort of thing that changes depending on the time of day.
      FrodoPlayer currently DOES change skin based on time of day, but there are some times when you want it to change skins say if it's overcast, or you will have to change the settings every week so that it changes when it gets dark, due to the sunset/sunrise changing times during the year.

Garry
      Co-Developer of A.I.M.E.E
      www.aimee.cc

Comment

FrodoPlayer already does change skin depending on time of day.
        [H]4 Life
        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

But Frodo's doesn't use actual sunset/sunrise tables, its lame to have it switch to night-mode and there still be 14 more minutes of daylight left outside
          .//Daren
          (Epia M10000/C134) (C137/MII 10000) Liliput /Opus 150W/DVD/512MB/80GB/Hummer H1
          MediaCar/CoPilot7/Routis

Comment

Is there a way to change it by a button on the main menu, instead of "just" by time?

we have severe difference in daylight in Canada according to seasong, and I would like to not rely only on time of day...

this said, by law my lights are "always" on so its not workable only with lights.
            -Mars

Comment

I haven't used the software, I'm not at that point yet. I assumed it didn't due to the nature of the first post. My bad.

Comment

I might could add the feature to disable time and switch manually. Someone make sure it isn't on the request list and then make one in that thread so I don't lose track.

You guys know there is a request sticky...right ?

Frodo
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by craigyb
                  Just a thought, now that you have that cool handbrake option, could that be adapted to switch skins if it was hooked up to the lights.

In other words, turn lights on, change to night skin. I think this was already covered in another thread for mediacar, but as you now have some sort of hardware interface to a +12v trigger, then maybe it could easily be adapted.

Feel free to flame, shoot, dismiss, whatever....

Craig
                  Could this be the trigger
                  Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                  Status -->
                  Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                  BraveCar 2.5

Comment

No

I think that would get confused by head lights etc. I think if you turn your lights on, then it's dark enough to change skin.

My merc Command system changes when the lights come on. Or you can select night or day mode manually.

Craig
                    Audi S8 supercar
                    Modded Xbox 400GB HD
                    Rear 7" screen & navplus

Toyota Hiace Van
                    Shuttle PIII 866 256Mb 10GB OPUS powered
                    MediaCar & Mappoint 2004
                    Custom fit 7" TFT VGA TSK

Comment

WinAmp has a plugin for a self-made external (serial) device to control lt. I beleive it should be very easy to adopt the same scheme with FrodoPlayer. You can have up to 18 simple switches/buttons that can be anything from a push button to headlight switch.
                      I don't think its that big of a deal though, just make a button that would change the skin when you want it, its not that hard to press one button is it?
                      00 Saturn SL2, boosted @ 8 psi - CarDomain
                      Newest install - my quickest ever
                      My 2nd carputer - b4 I broke the touchscreen
                      My very first carputer - voted the most ghetto

Comment

Yuriy: if frodoplayer is controlled by girder, then:

http://www.modasylum.com/guides.php?guide=21

Frodo: I know there is a request thread, but I did not believe I wanted this feature bad ennough to increase your workload. The app is great.

now ifever you build this, I would like to have "by time AND switch" - it changes automatically, but if I need it earlier I change it myself
                        -Mars

Comment

Working...
                        X