The future

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future

what id like to see in the future for frodoplayer would be a frodochatroom for nearby frodo users. it would be really cool to be driving and pull up next to another vehicle running frodoplayer, and chat with them, or express our frustration with their driving ability. You could also share your music directory, or broadcast your song to nearby drivers. A connection would obviously require transmitter/reciever hardware but could be implimented nonetheless. i realize this will no doubt be in the future. I really cant wait to use it, so i can verbally abuse the poor drivers, and bring my road rage to unprecedented levels. With the help of frodoplayer, i believe all this and more can happen.

Originally posted by trdcpu
    what id like to see in the future for frodoplayer would be a frodochatroom for nearby frodo users. it would be really cool to be driving and pull up next to another vehicle running frodoplayer, and chat with them, or express our frustration with their driving ability. You could also share your music directory, or broadcast your song to nearby drivers. A connection would obviously require transmitter/reciever hardware but could be implimented nonetheless. i realize this will no doubt be in the future. I really cant wait to use it, so i can verbally abuse the poor drivers, and bring my road rage to unprecedented levels. With the help of frodoplayer, i believe all this and more can happen.
    Up here in Massachusettes we have hand signals that do all that (except the sharing songs part).

Can't two WiFi enabled carputers do just that? I have a cheap 5dbi magnetic antenna that works about 800 feet away (line of site) tho it could be more 800 is about as far away from my router as I can get. Though I pick up me neighbors wLAN from about 1/2 mile away, but I have no idea what kind of antenna he has... he's a crazy old man... i'm talkin sittin-on-the-back-porch-with-a-newspaper-and-double-barreled-shotgun crazy...

What we need is a universal, WiFi compatable, carputer protocall to be installed in all front-ends.
    ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

[---PC on hold----working on external fiberglass "tool" box---]

Comment

Originally posted by EBFoxbat
      Up here in Massachusettes we have hand signals that do all that (except the sharing songs part).
      You could throw a CD at them!
      Laidback

The ultimate CarPC - Wow!

Comment

This idea has been discussed on the XCar project..
        here's the thread:
        http://thexcar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3

Progress: On hold while I pay off my new PowerBook :D
        Part List:
        VIA MII10000 - 512MB - 20Gig 2.5" - Rikaline 6010 - 7" Lilliput - CNX-P1260 - Alpine 4ch Amp - 4 Gauge wire and fused distrobution block.

Comment

that is soo true. and for sharing songs well alot of ppl share their songs with the whole neighborhood.
          Best Technique In Life Is Having No Technique

ONE DAY I WILL LEARN HOW TO USE THE COMPUTER THE RIGHT WAY.

Comment

Originally posted by Laidback
            You could throw a CD at them!
            I've had an AOL CD hit my car off an overpass.... it got stuck on my whipers. For a while I had a nasty habbit of throwing ping-pong balls at cars. They are hard to throw though.
            ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

Comment

I've had an AOL CD hit my car off an overpass.... it got stuck on my whipers. For a while I had a nasty habbit of throwing ping-pong balls at cars. They are hard to throw though.
              Not if you slit the back and shove in some pennies
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

What we need is a program that looks at something like MMC database, compares the two and transfers any files that arn't on one, to that one.

Automatic filesharing. You'll never know which songs you have. Just have a prompt that says "There is another peer2peer.... er car2car capable vehical within range"

User IDs could be based on plate tags.
                ,./(0)3

'04 Canyon 4x4 pickup

Comment

Or just use a roll of pennies in the first place!
                  www.carolinacarclubs.com

Comment

how often would u come across another guy using frodo player? i think im the only person with a carputer in my city
                    CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

What we need is a program that looks at something like MMC database, compares the two and transfers any files that arn't on one, to that one.

Automatic filesharing. You'll never know which songs you have. Just have a prompt that says "There is another peer2peer.... er car2car capable vehical within range"

User IDs could be based on plate tags.
                      this is something we discussed early on as well...but you get into peer 2 peer networks and you have lawsuits waiting to happen...but if you stream songs that is different...itunes does this, hypotheticly if in the sometime near future we have wide area wireless broadband networks, like verizon has in san Diego and Washington DC, then it would be very feasable to create such a streaming network.... we are definitely going to have a 802.11 interface with the pocket pc so backseat passengers could listen / watch anything that is on the carPC via headphones and a streaming connection.

But......if you cant wait, throw the pennies anyways....

Comment

you can throw pennies at me, or better yet, transfer the pennies into my bank account, wait wait, since youre throwing legal tender at me, you might as well just send me a check in the mail. even better idea, you just give me the keys to your house.

Comment

Originally posted by Motoko
                          how often would u come across another guy using frodo player?
                          Resistance is futile...
                          SeeYa! -Jim-

Comment

Originally posted by STI_FFY
                            Resistance is futile...

Attached Files
                            [H]4 Life
                            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

lol i'm not quite sure i know what that is...a pirate patch?

i agree about coming across other users with frodoplayer, i am like the only one who has a carputer in my city
                              CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Working...
                              X