Startup/Shutdown Movies?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Startup/Shutdown Movies?

Hey all, ne1 have a good idea to implement a movie at the entrance and return of hibernation?

Possibly something in the command line of frodoplayer, or something in windows? couldn't anything off the top of my head. Thanx!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your
    (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination god I can't believe I did it...

wouldn't that go against the whole "faster boot time" mecca everyone seems to be in search of?

Comment

boot time isn't important to everyone apparently

Comment

yes and no, but each movie is about 4 seconds long, so I wouldn't really mind. I'm at 30 seconds for boot back from hibernate, and 7 seconds to get to hibernation.

Any suggestions?
        (\__/)
        (")_(")signature to help him gain world domination god I can't believe I did it...

Comment

I don't think it is possible.
          Been a while since I've coded, and I've never coded for windows, but off the top of my head I can not think of any way to make a program even realize that it entered hibernation mode or just came out of it, and from my searching windows does not have a way for you to perform any action upon doing these either.

Comment

I don't really see a point in having a startup/shutdown video but that is just my own opinion.
            PaPP you have one large sig. I thought mine was big.
            AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
            Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
            Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
            -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Well, I found a way - but it's taking about 3 seconds to get prog loaded, and I can only do it for going into hibernate.

"activeexit" to get a prog that will run a file for going into hibernation. Nothing for return from it though.

I have activeexit run a batch file.
              The batch file includes command line statements for "viplay".
              So that works, when the file stops playing, the player closes, and the comp goes hibernate. it's not bad at all.

Does anyone know if there is command line for windows media player classic?
              (\__/)

Comment

There, fixed my sig. you were right, was a bit long.
                (\__/)

Comment

Originally posted by brandon
                  I don't think it is possible.
                  Been a while since I've coded, and I've never coded for windows, but off the top of my head I can not think of any way to make a program even realize that it entered hibernation mode or just came out of it, and from my searching windows does not have a way for you to perform any action upon doing these either.
                  How do you think FrodoPlayer resumes playback after hibernate ?....
                  [H]4 Life
                  My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                  It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

A half-dozen trained monkeys?
                    Originally posted by frodobaggins

Comment

The same way every other program continues when coming out of hibernation... That isn't something that has to be programmed in the application. Having it play a short movie when starting up or hibernating would be different. Definitely possible though.
                      AMD XP 2600+/512MB RAM/120GB hard drive
                      Opus 150W/DVD/GPS/7" Lilliput TS/802.11g/Bluetooth
                      Installed.

-GPSSecure- - GPS Tracking
                      -AltTabber2.2.2- - Handy touchscreen utility.

Comment

Originally posted by brady
                        The same way every other program continues when coming out of hibernation... That isn't something that has to be programmed in the application. Having it play a short movie when starting up or hibernating would be different. Definitely possible though.
                        No.

I detect hibernation. Stop music/video/dvd/etc. Do some processes.
                        On resume, I start it all back up, programatically.
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

I haven't used frodoplayer (as I'm using a character LCD), but if frodo was to build in a menu option (if it doesn't already exist) to hibernate the system, upon this option being selected the software could write a flag to the registry to say it is going into hibernation, it should then be possible to check this flag and play the startup movie. Don't know if it would work, plus frodo would have to program it in.

Comment

This little app , http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...84&postcount=1 , could with a litle help from startfox, run a file on hibernate/standby/resume instead of shutdown / restart winamp.
                            Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
                            Status -->
                            Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
                            BraveCar 2.5

Comment

I detect hibernation. Stop music/video/dvd/etc. Do some processes.
                              On resume, I start it all back up, programatically.
                              So basicly you could put an option for frodoplayer for startup and shutdown movies..

I think also that it would be cool...
                              People could choose to see or not to see such movies.

My startup time is so bad that couple of seconds doesn't matter anymore
                              Nobody liked my monkey :(

Comment

Working...
                              X