Skinning tutorial?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skinning tutorial?

Is there any skinning tutorial out there?

I found the skinnmaker on your Website but it doesnt realy work for me because i want to skinn the whole Player and i want to use down and up pics.

Is there a list of all commands that can be used in fplayer.

And i need a description about how the system works (ini and folder structure)

So hope you can tell me this so that i can make a custom design to share with the ppl here maybe i can also write a skinning software that supports the whole player.(maybe Jawbreak could help me with this)

cya erazor
    Golf 3 CarPc Status
    ///////////////50%--------------/
    PSU:Inverter
    GPS:BT GPS

PC: Slim notebook with 10.4"touch, external DVD.
    Dock for car is in production.
    Audio: Stock speakers but looking for new ones. CD-HU with FM modulator (ordered)

I'm with you. I couldn't figure out where the "down" button background image came into play. Also, is there away to edit another skin file from inside the skinner app? I couldn't see how to open an existing *.fro file.
    replicant
    Audi A4 (flickr pics)

Comment

I will make a small tutorial for you all.. I don't use the frodoskinner myself, but make my own skin. I will show you how to manage!!

Comment

ah yah that would be fine
        Golf 3 CarPc Status

Audio: Stock speakers but looking for new ones. CD-HU with FM modulator (ordered)

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingPlaza
          I will make a small tutorial for you all.. I don't use the frodoskinner myself, but make my own skin. I will show you how to manage!!
          thanks,looking foward to it......... I wonder if it will be any different when 1.09 is released
          [M10K][TinyXP][Roadrunner Frontend][OEM Enclosure]
          [iGmon]
          Download MP3 MixTapes

Comment

TheKingPlaza think you got less time but couldnt even frodo provide us how to set up a proper skin? if i know how it works i maybe could do a skinning software but if i dont know how the stuff works i cant
            Golf 3 CarPc Status

Comment

There is something out there, called FrodoSkinner 1.1 or something out now... Check it out see if it help.s
              '02 GTI
              [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
              [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
              [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
              [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
              Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

It's all based off percentages of the parent.
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

any developments on the skinning tutorial? i would like to try to make my own so i don't have to bother kingplaza so much..lol.

Comment

i would like to do a skinn soon but with this rare information i will have to figure it all out on my own lets see if i get it working i maybe will put a tutorial up here
                    Golf 3 CarPc Status

Comment

I've been trying but I only seem to make little steps each time. I have buttons that don't do anything..when I click them nothing happens..lol.

Comment

... waiting for AIMEE
                        Golf 3 CarPc Status

Comment

Now that I know how to make a skin I'll write a tutorial on it..newbie friendly of course because I'm one!!

Comment

anyone ever make a tutorial yet? I got all my pictures done is photoshop...just don't understand how to put them to use.

2004 Nissan 350z Daytona Blue
                            2x 10" IDMax D4
                            1250.1 kicker amp
                            crappy dell carputer

Comment

it is pretty easy, I would just take one of the existing skins and change the values. The main thing to remember that all the position and size values are percentage of the parent (like frodo mentioned). To figure out the percentage, just take the position (say 35) and divide by the total (800) and multiply by 100 (for percent) = 4.375

The colors are a bit wonky, but with the windows calculator you can figure out the values that you want to use.

Select view->scientific on the calculator. get the hex value for your color (BF7C00) and select hex on the calculator. then input it in this order (007CBF) then select dec, and that is the color value you want to use.

|V1 Virtual Display|

Hard work often pays off over time, laziness always pays off right now.

Comment

Working...
                              X