Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

yet another frodo install with problems.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yet another frodo install with problems.

Ok I am not good at diagnosing the problem within frodoplayer... sorry.

Anway, I got a fresh install - installed all "system requirement", "frodo base isntall", unziped the patch in frodo's directory.

Rebooted.

runing frodo I get a "cannot open database" or something like that.
    the errorlog file have

2004-08-26 - 04:18:15 - -2147024769 - Automation error
    The specified procedure could not be found. - MainModule-MakeConnection - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    2004-08-26 - 04:18:17 - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - frmDB-tmrInitialize_Timer - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    2004-08-26 - 04:18:17 - -2147024769 - Automation error
    The specified procedure could not be found. - MainModule-MasterListsFillFromQuery - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    2004-08-26 - 04:18:17 - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - MainModule-MasterListsFillFromQuery - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    2004-08-26 - 04:18:17 - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - MainModule-MasterListsFillFromQuery - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    (last line repeated 1000+ times)

I gotta kill the application in order to proceed with something else.

what do I miss???
    -Mars

try reinstalling MDAC
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

That is what I tough - MDAC prob, but since it was freshly installed...

anyway, I'll perform that right away.

Thanks Frodo.
      -Mars

Comment

re-run MDAC from frodoplayer.com - the executable.
        Frodoplayer still perform the same way.
        2004-08-26 - 07:16:54 - -2147024769 - Automation error
        The specified procedure could not be found. - MainModule-MakeConnection - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
        2004-08-26 - 07:16:55 - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - frmDB-tmrInitialize_Timer - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
        2004-08-26 - 07:16:55 - -2147024769 - Automation error
        The specified procedure could not be found. - MainModule-MasterListsFillFromQuery - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
        2004-08-26 - 07:16:55 - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - MainModule-MasterListsFillFromQuery - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
        2004-08-26 - 07:16:55 - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - MainModule-MasterListsFillFromQuery - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
        I would like to manage to pass this bug

Thanks a lot.
        -Mars

Comment

reinstalled MDAC 2.8 directly from microsoft website. Still same thing. can we uninstall this and reinstall it? haven't found a way in "add / remove programs"

anyway, its does not seam to work
          -Mars

Comment

Don't you have to uncompress the patch then copy paste it into the directory? Not Extract into?
            '02 GTI
            [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
            [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
            [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
            [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
            Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

well, I unzipped the patch and copied the files over the older ones in the directory - but this cannot be the issue as the software should run the same way with or without the patch... there was some bug fix, but I do not think it concerns this.

can that be related to VB runtime? The software visually displays before getting an error (I see the skin, then an error message, then I click OK then it lags (uses 90+% CPU) and doesn't do anything - I need to kill it, and there are lots of the same line in the errorlog)

What is "with block variable"?
              -Mars

Comment

frodo?
                -Mars

Comment

sorry about posting, bumping, reposting... but hey...

I totally uninstalled frodoplayer, reinstalled MDAC, reinstalled frodoplayer (without the patch) in an alternate folder - still nothing.

cannot open database.

someone help
                  -Mars

Comment

Try reinstalling Jet
                    [H]4 Life
                    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

I reinstalled Jet for XP - it does not works.

I wonder if it would be something left from a bad install... I installed it on one 98 and another XP machine successfully...

I'll wait till I reformat this PC and reinstall, I guess.

Thanks.
                      -Mars

Comment

Working...
                      X