64bit OS compatibility?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 64bit OS compatibility?

I just got myself a 64 bit laptop, and will be installing XP Pro x64 and wondered if Frodo or any other player will be compatible? If not, how hard will it be to modify it to work? Just wondering cause I was thinking of setting up a dock in my car that I can plug in my laptop into and using it to connect to a Lilliput or Xenarc. Just pondering the possibilities...

Morph

why not try it?

1997 Jeep Wrangler Rugged Waves

Ebay Stuff For Sale

Comment

the possible downside

i assume you are using the XP 64 for extended systems preview ... and advice is don't. It's really not that special and at the moment its kind of a pain in the *** due to the current state of mainstream 64 bit drivers. i would go to the website of the maker of your laptop and see if the even have any 64 bit drivers for your hardware. When it first came out there was **** for drivers and something makes me think that the situation hasn't changed much. as for frodoplayer running on it, it should be okay via WoW64 which is pretty much just an emmulator that allows you to still run your 32 bit software.
      don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

Comment

Don't know about the version you have but the one I have used for the HP Itanium Workstations sucked ***. No DVD support, no WMP, many other things missing.
        1.6GHz HP e-PC, 768MB RAM, 120GB WD HDD, Slim DVD-ROM, Onboard sound & video, 7" Lilliput, USB GPS Mouse, Audiovox FM Modulator, Vector 400 Watt Power Inverter, Windows XP Pro SP2, iGuidance 2, 15" Samsung LCD for the rear *Carputer not installed*

Comment

Originally posted by dodgetimes2
          Don't know about the version you have but the one I have used for the HP Itanium Workstations sucked ***. No DVD support, no WMP, many other things missing.
          yeah thats a different slice a pie than we are talking about here. the extended systems version is actually for the masses. i don't remeber the status of wmp though.

think of it though ... an itanium powered laptop
          don't worry i know i usually don't make much sense

Comment

Originally posted by sagekoala
            think of it though ... an itanium powered laptop
            YES! You can run everything half as fast. Its a shame when even Intel has admitted the only thing the Itanium is good for is database apps and not much else.

Comment

Its a custom built laptop.. So no OS at all. Thats why I was gonna use Xp x64 Extended. From what I know it has CDR, wifi, bluetooth support/drivers built into the OS now. I am not your average user though. I don't do word processing or any of that stuff. I use Cad, Catia, Maya, and Max mainly. I was hoping to test out the abilities of X64 on my new laptop for the time being before having the company invest in 64bit workstations. Plus this would be an interesting alternative for me right now before building a hardwired setup in my car.

Thanks for your alls input..

Comment

You shouldn't have a problem running any of the software here.
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                X