booting frodo with xp?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• booting frodo with xp?

is there a way to boot frodo automatically when windows starts?
    My Carputer Project

put frodoplayer shortcut in startup folder
    heat cannot be created or destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by nappyjim
      is there a way to boot frodo automatically when windows starts?

Put a shortcut in your startup folder

Better yet, hibernate windows while FP is running. FP will startup where it left off automatically.
      My Car PC

Comment

beat ya
        heat cannot be created or destroyed

Comment

Originally posted by heatmizer
          beat ya
          lol
          www.i-hacked.com Hardware hacking articles

Comment

Or tell windows to load FrodoPlayer.exe as shell instead of explorer.exe

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad
              I think that is the way I will end up going, should be faster to boot I would think(?)
              2005 Ford Focus ST

Comment

Originally posted by Konrad
                How?
                My carputer

Old one

Comment

Got this from another page:
                  User Key: [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curre ntVersion\Policies\System]
                  Value Name: Shell
                  Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
                  Value Data: your shell with full path

System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Policies\System]
                  Value Name: Shell
                  Data Type: REG_SZ (String Value)
                  Value Data: your shell with full path

I think that is the way I will end up going, should be faster to boot I would think(?)
                  It does .

Comment

so wait, if i boot straight to frodoplayer....what happens when i close it? does my comp shutdown?

Also what happens if i **** up in the registry. How do i get back to it to switch it back to default so windows will load again
                    My Carputer Project

Comment

Does anyone know how much faster this will make startup, is it worth it?

thanks,

Comment

That settings only applies to a user. Create a new user. Login in as that user and try it out. If you screw up(you really can't), you're other users aren't affected.
                        Worst case, you can always hit ctl.alt,del to get task manager, and log off, run explorer, etc.. from there.

Comment

Originally posted by nappyjim
                          so wait, if i boot straight to frodoplayer....what happens when i close it? does my comp shutdown?
                          No, it doesn't normally. But Frodo has Shutdown and Hibernate options. I put explorer in my "APPS", so i can launch it when needed.

Also what happens if i **** up in the registry. How do i get back to it to switch it back to default so windows will load again
                          You can always press CTRL+ALT+DEL to open the task manager. From there you may execute tasks (f.ex. explorer.exe or regedit.exe).

Comment

Hey konrad or any one else that knows more about this could you explain in a little more detail how you set frodo as your shell instead of explorer I would really appreciate it thanks
                            Starting an install in a 02 s4 when I get time, which will probably about the time i am looking to sell the car. Got to love it

Comment

bump...

if I use frodo as a shell, can i still run other programs out of frodo, such as my creative EQ routis and Outlook? I figure as such but want to check.
                              My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

Working...
                              X