Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone used or built the lockout device yet ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone used or built the lockout device yet ?

Anyone used or built the lockout device yet ?
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

built ?

(if this has been explained before, nevermind, I'll search and find it later)
    I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

what are you talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by pimpJ
        built ?

(if this has been explained before, nevermind, I'll search and find it later)
        It has, but not all people will search so here it comes:

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...=simply+serial
        [H]4 Life
        I'm a lesbian too.
        I am for hire!

Comment

thanx *reading*
          I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

o that, yah I knew about that.. I thought you were talking about the security code thing, and I was confused.

Yah I like that handbrake lockout thing, that's cool.. Maybe that will avoid a few tickets

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

You can hook it up to more than the handbrake. Wire it in so it only works in park, etc.
              [H]4 Life
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

ah, the possabilities are endless.

Not for personal use, just wondering, could it be hooked up to the headlights, to automatically switch to the night skin ?

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

Originally posted by pimpJ
                  ah, the possabilities are endless.

Not for personal use, just wondering, could it be hooked up to the headlights, to automatically switch to the night skin ?
                  not yet
                  [H]4 Life
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

nice

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

I should be testing something soon....

did you do any testing, or did you just write it with standard signals coming into serial/usb port from phigits ??

I would like to install some sort of motion sensor. This way, only after the car stops for a couple minutes will it enable it. It could be installed into a indash case, eliminating the wiring to brake etc.... maybe some sort of mercury switch type of thing. I'm sure there are sensors specific to that, much like the ones on the boxes that measure speed / horsepower etc, based on the motion crap inside the box...... just a wild idea though

Don

Comment

It's been fully tested.
                        [H]4 Life
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by Don 944 LA
                          I would like to install some sort of motion sensor. This way, only after the car stops for a couple minutes will it enable it. It could be installed into a indash case, eliminating the wiring to brake etc.... maybe some sort of mercury switch type of thing. I'm sure there are sensors specific to that, much like the ones on the boxes that measure speed / horsepower etc, based on the motion crap inside the box...... just a wild idea though
                          I like the way you think. I was thinking an even similar idea would be to use the GPS when speed is less then 1 MPH (to accommodate for GPS errors) enable it.

Obviously something hardwired to the hand break would hold up in court better, which is the point to being with.

Comment

I've built the circuit, yes. But maybe that's cheating since it was my circuit. I haven't tested it in my car yet but I did test it in the house with the latest FP109p2. It appeared to work fine. I already have the wiring to my tranmission Park position sensor hooked up and run to the computer. I just need to plug in the circuit and make up the connections. I should be able to get that done this week-end.

BTW, the software implementation in FP is not restricted to this exact circuit. Any circuit or solution that toggles the appropriate pin on a physical or virtual serial port will work. The ideas in the preceding posts can easily be implemented without any changes to FP. Write an application that monitors the GPS speed and then sets the appropriate serial port pin on a virtual serial port. Set FP to monitor the virtual port. The same trick can be used for the motion sensor or whatever.
                            2004 4runner

Comment

Maybe I missed it in the original post, but was there ever a decision as to what parts to use to build this circuit?

Also, from a general perspective what's considered the "legal" way to wire this into your car? Do most aftermarket units use the hand brake or some other solution?

Sorry if these have been answered already, I didn't see anything after searching....

Comment

Working...
                              X