An alternative way to use frodo

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An alternative way to use frodo

I've always had a problem with the embedded song listing. It was always so small I could barely see a song let alone choose it. With the album and artist box the problem way only compounded. The new frodoplayer is so customizable, though, that I was able to almost completely change the way I use frodoplayer. The full screen vis mode is now what I use as the main player and the "main" screen is now just a full screen song browser and menu! UPDATE: I've made some progress on the skin. Let me know what you guys think.
    Thanks,
    Cobelli
    Attached Files

That's ******* brilliant !
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

Looking good ... I too like the full screen listing mode.
      2004 4runner

Comment

Originally posted by Cobelli
        I've always had a problem with the embedded song listing. It was always so small I could barely see a song let alone choose it. With the album and artist box the problem way only compounded. The new frodoplayer is so customizable, though, that I was able to almost completely change the way I use frodoplayer. The full screen vis mode is now what I use as the main player and the "main" screen is now just a full screen song browser and menu! I've included a mockup of the skin I'm working on. Please read "MOCKUP", I do not expect anyone to like how it looks. I'm really only posting it because if anyone else is interested in this kind of layout there are probably some buttons I will need to add back (I don't use the volume controls). Anyway, let me know what you think. I've made it an actual skin for those that want to see it in practice. http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=6...65AE570D450562

I have the same problem i have so many mp3s when i try and scroll on a 7 inch touchscreen i end up missing hundreds of songs.

Is it just me why cant it be like this

Artist down left hand side ,click on the artist and it opens out on the Right hand side with that artists songs without repeating the artist just the song name.

Comment

Originally posted by rickyaswell
          I have the same problem i have so many mp3s when i try and scroll on a 7 inch touchscreen i end up missing hundreds of songs.

Is it just me why cant it be like this

Artist down left hand side ,click on the artist and it opens out on the Right hand side with that artists songs without repeating the artist just the song name.
          If ya'll would actually open the settings menu and read, then you
          would find most of your answers.
          Attached Files
          [H]4 Life
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

granted yes you can have just the file name but in the top left hand box i have as artist but find it very hard to scroll down that list without missing out many artists,or am again missing something

Comment

i was toying with doing the same thing, nice idea.
              01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
              01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
              http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
              mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

hey, nice playlist, i love that song. That whole albume rocks!!
                01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
                01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
                http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
                mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

i was gonna say...nice concept but ugly colors. Then i finished reading the post.

Good job, cant wait to see a finishe product.
                  My Carputer Project

Comment

granted yes you can have just the file name but in the top left hand box i have as artist but find it very hard to scroll down that list without missing out many artists,or am again missing something
                    Yeah you asked why it can't just have the artist on one side, and title on
                    the other. Well there is the option to have only titles displayed.

And by the way guys, clicking the scroll BUTTONS scrolls 1 item, hold it
                    down a couple seconds and it will skip a PAGE.
                    [H]4 Life
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

love it, can you do the same to XM screen - that would be great.

Comment

It's got good potential. I like it.

Derek
                        Progress [||-------]
                        View my Worklog to see some of my progress.
                        Downgraded Progress - Starting with another car... 09/13/06

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                          Yeah you asked why it can't just have the artist on one side, and title on
                          the other. Well there is the option to have only titles displayed.

The problem is the more artist and tracks you have the more sensitive the slider will seem to be as it is traveling the same distance to cover more.

The only way i can scroll my 5000 ish artist is to put them in A to Z folders that way i only have 26 folders to scroll down.
                          Click on say A and all the artists in A then end up in the bottom bigger window and then i have say only 300 songs to scroll down.This way you have to set it back to artist - song and then if the artist has a long name you end up cutting the song title short becauseyou cant fit it all on the screen.

Comment

The problem is the more artist and tracks you have the more sensitive the slider will seem to be as it is traveling the same distance to cover more.

The only way i can scroll my 5000 ish artist is to put them in A to Z folders that way i only have 26 folders to scroll down.
                            Click on say A and all the artists in A then end up in the bottom bigger window and then i have say only 300 songs to scroll down.This way you have to set it back to artist - song and then if the artist has a long name you end up cutting the song title short becauseyou cant fit it all on the screen.

What else would you suggest I DO ?
                            [H]4 Life
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

What else would you suggest I DO ?
                              If i am the only person to suffer this then you dont need to do anything.

Would it work if you had one longer list as artist from top to bottom then you click on a artist and then that same list turns into that artists tracks.

Comment

Working...
                              X