Dynamic Skins???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Skins???

Quick question - is there the possibility to create dynbamic skins in FP??? What I mean is that, based on our listing type selection (e.g. All Music, Directory 2, Artist, etc.), can the skin change to alter the size of the listing boxes. Because in the All Music mode, you would need the file list to be as large as possible, in the artist mode, you would want an equal size for both artist and file lists.

Anyways, please let me know. Thanks!

-HD

thats a pretty good idea,
    not really dynamic skin, but user defined size for each modes PL and DL. So in all music mode you can just have DL only as big as the actual text that says "all music".
    01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
    01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
    mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

actually,the area for any mode that dosent have info for the DL should be removed. And the PL resized to fill the extra space. The status for what mode you are in (mode_label) is all you need to be shown.

beer replenishment fund
      mp3car live search

Comment

Originally posted by liquid_smoke
        actually,the area for any mode that dosent have info for the DL should be removed. And the PL resized to fill the extra space. The status for what mode you are in (mode_label) is all you need to be shown.
        I think that's what I was thinking of....frodo, is this possible?

Comment

buummp - Frodo - any possibility of this?

Comment

Now how in the world would that work ? They can be placed anywhere on
            screen. So how are you going to fill empty space somewhere else.
            [H]4 Life
            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
            I'm a lesbian too.
            I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
              Now how in the world would that work ? They can be placed anywhere on
              screen. So how are you going to fill empty space somewhere else.
              That's the point about being dyanmic, that depending on the mode of viewing (e.g. All Music, Directory 2, Album, Genre...) the sizes of the mode window and the song window would change. For example, in All Music mode, you would only need a small window to display "All Music" and the rest of the space would be occupied by the larger song listing window.

get my drift frodo...?

-HD

Comment

Originally posted by hd54321
                That's the point about being dyanmic, that depending on the mode of viewing (e.g. All Music, Directory 2, Album, Genre...) the sizes of the mode window and the song window would change. For example, in All Music mode, you would only need a small window to display "All Music" and the rest of the space would be occupied by the larger song listing window.

get my drift frodo...?

-HD
                I don't guess you are understanding me. What if your dirlist is in the
                upper left corner, and say the playlist is in the lower right.

They are NOT aligned, so... how in the world do you think you are
                going to expand into a space across the screen ?
                [H]4 Life
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                  I don't guess you are understanding me. What if your dirlist is in the
                  upper left corner, and say the playlist is in the lower right.

They are NOT aligned, so... how in the world do you think you are
                  going to expand into a space across the screen ?

Thats why i said those labels should be removed, and the filling of the space would be done by hand, by the skinner. If the DL list of modes that dont contain any info were removed, you could make the playlist for those modes bigger. So there would have to be individual settings for each modes DL and PL instead of one setting for them all.

The reason i say remove them is because that information that they are displaying is allready displayed onscreen by the modelabel

beer replenishment fund
                  mp3car live search

Comment

Thats why i said those labels should be removed, and the filling of the space would be done by hand, by the skinner. If the DL list of modes that dont contain any info were removed, you could make the playlist for those modes bigger. So there would have to be individual settings for each modes DL and PL instead of one setting for them all.

The reason i say remove them is because that information that they are displaying is allready displayed onscreen by the modelabel
                    Oh, I get it now. I thought you were talking about extending the playlist
                    into that area.
                    [H]4 Life
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
                    X