Skin mockup - comments needed

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin mockup - comments needed

I'm working on this skin for Frodoplayer. Now i have done some photoshop files of the player, the keyboard and the menu. Any suggestion, request before continuing?

-------
    www.itxshop.com
    In-car computing hardware

Not half bad man I like em' I dont use frodo player but I do however appreciate artwork and the time it takes to make stuff like this. I like that brushed metal filter you used. it reminds be of OsX.

For some reason I like that font as well, it works with this project especially with the wavey lines at the top (where the controls for the media player are)
    Progress [I will seriously never be done!]
    Via EPIA MII
    512MB RAM
    OEM GPS (embedded)
    nLite WinXP pro on
    1GB Extreme III CF card
    Carnetix 1260 startup/ DC-DC regulator
    Software: Still, re-Writing my existing front end in .Net

Comment

very sexxxy
      •Micke

Comment

Beautifull, but it's just me, or everyone makes their keyboards too small. I really cant type on a keyboard that size.
        Ikea Case. Epia M10000.M1-ATX. 512 Mb. 2,5" 80 GB HDD. 7" Lilliput. BU-303 GPS. Sony Joystick.
        Status -->
        Lilliput Installed (not indash yet..)
        BraveCar 2.5

Comment

qwerty

Comment

Nice, but yeah - keyb's too small. I have skinny fingers and even I would probably end up pressing two keys at once.
            For the skins I'm doing right now, I regularly size the view down just to see what it would look like on a 7 inch monitor. This is on a 17" monitor and I scale it down to 60%, so you'll have to keep scaling down and keep offering up a ruler across your monitor until it's right.....
            In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(")
            Bunny's first poo
            __ U

Comment

VERY nice looking... I agree with the keyboard size comment... it would be too small for me to hit just one key at a time. I don't know if this is something that would be doable but for small keyboard spacing, I recall seeing something kinda kewl on a Phillips Pronto remote control... when you were typing ont he keyboard, since the keys were so small... if you were typing the letter G, you would hit that key and it would zoom in so you could see the letter G and the keys imediately surrounding it in case you hit the wrong key... of course, this requires you hit two keys for every one you wanted... but it worked quite well. BTW, anyone else notice that the letters J and Y were in flip-flopped and the letter X wasn't there at all? And no, I'm not nitpicking... just jumped out at me. Anyway, the skin looks really nice... I'd be interested in that one. Later!
              Coach... aka Randy! (I often forget who I really am!) ;)

***Too many pieces and parts to list... maybe someday I'll show'm to ya!***

Comment

Originally posted by coachreed
                BTW, anyone else notice that the letters J and Y were in flip-flopped and the letter X wasn't there at all?

Didn't see it!
                In da club....

ALIZEE WANTS YOU.....

(\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(")
                Bunny's first poo
                __ U

Comment

that's nice, the LEDs even line up
                  I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

www.neoterikos.com

Comment

It' comming along very nicely. It might just be me but, I not feeling the blueish color that you used on the background. Have you tried it with different color?
                    One more thing, will you be adding a section for the vis/album art?
                    Installed
                    Asus A7N8X-VM - AMD Mobile Athlon 2400
                    512 Ram - 60GB HD - Opus 150w
                    Lilliput 7" - Rikaline 6010
                    [00000000000001100010-] 98% Completed

Check Out My Install!!!

Comment

Nice indeed, now how do you make the player control work on the main menu?

Comment

Really nice. Little buttons though. Seems like a common problem (or my problem )

Keep it up!
                        List of front-ends/usefull apps
                        XTroniC | XTroniC Direct

Comment

Originally posted by M^ck^y
                          You will see :-) With a little trick i'm just testing...and it works!
                          -------
                          www.itxshop.com
                          In-car computing hardware

Comment

Originally posted by pottillo
                            You will see :-) With a little trick i'm just testing...and it works!
                            Helpful indeed

Comment

Originally posted by M^ck^y
                              Download my skin and look in my skin.ini to see how it works. Menu, shutdown and other screens doesn't have to take all screen. I have:

MAIN_MENU_LEFT=0
                              MAIN_MENU_TOP=0
                              MAIN_MENU_WIDTH=46
                              MAIN_MENU_HEIGHT=60

SHUTDOWNMENU_LEFT=0
                              SHUTDOWNMENU_TOP=0
                              SHUTDOWNMENU_WIDTH=46
                              SHUTDOWNMENU_HEIGHT=60
                              car computer status: ready_
                              : epiam10000 256meg, audigy2nx :-F, ground loop :-)
                              :
                              : check out my car putter here
                              : check out my FrodoPlayer skin here

Comment

Working...
                              X