How to BBAA and why?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to BBAA and why?

Can somebody tell me what the purpose is of BBAA?
    Is it, as its name suggests, selecting an album (and playing it) by its cover artwork?
    How is it set up properly?

Yes, I have renamed my cover art to album.jpg's and the dir structure is:
    E:\music\artist\album\*.mp3, album.jpg

Michael
    "It does not understand, if it does not ride."

M10000, 512 Mb, 2,5" 40G, Slim DVD, Opus 90W, Xenarc 7", Leadtek 9532 GPS,
    RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Bump this thread.
    With 100+ views I think I'm not the only one having issues with BBAA.

Thought it might be useful to include this link, although it might or might not apply to FP 109 take 3.

But until Frodo clarifies, I think it's the current status of BBAA.

Michael

RoadRunner, MapMonkey, Pioneer HU, Pioneer 4 ch 400W, Kappa 6.5, Basslink X 200W

Comment

BBAA is not broken.
      It works just like explorer.
      What do you not understand ?

You will have to be one level above, or in the directory itself to see the album art.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
        BBAA is not broken.
        It works just like explorer.
        What do you not understand ?

You will have to be one level above, or in the directory itself to see the album art.
        I never said it was broken.

But what I did not understand up untill now is how to select mp3's by browsing the art. (finally found out )

You need to select the directory of an artist and then you will see the album.jpg's from the artist's individual albums.
        Then you either hit 'enter' for that album or 'enter recursive' for all underneath. Then you hit 'play' to start the first song from your selection.

A nice feature would be if the first song of a selection starts playing when you double-click the album art. (my bad )

Also nice, if you could browse through ALL albums (browser must be able 'read' two levels down if you have a 'C:\music\artist\album\*.mp3, album.jpg' structure)

Or could that be done with an aliased directory structure where the 'artist' directory is left out, with aliases pointing to the original files? (you cannot create one directory, because all the album art files are called album.jpg).

Michael

Comment

I know Frodo gets more than enough advice, but here is my 2 cents on the album art browser.

I have a rather huge artist folder listing. Being that I use Artist\Album. Now I enjoy only having the artist level directory show to avoid clutter, however it would be nice if when it looked for art, if there wasn't an image available, it would dig through the subdirectories until it found something. This way you get an image for each artist, regardless of if you have all the images for the albums underneath that artist.

Good work, Frodo, and thank you.

Comment

I quasi-fix this problem, by copying an image from each album into the artist directory, but it would be nice if it were recursive.

Comment

Working...
            X