XM favorites

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• XM favorites

I know this has been brought up a long time ago but I've never seen it recently: The issue of "favorites" lists in the XM module. There's a gazillion XM channels and most people at least would like to have a blacklist - those stations that you wouldn't listen to if they paid you. It's ok to have the 10 unlabelled buttons for quick picks (although it'd be nice if the display scrolled to the selected channel), but I'm referring to a way to get rid of the scads of traffic reports for other cities, and programming that's not my cup of tea. All standalone XM apps are able to create a bunch of these favorites lists, could FP be setup to at least just have ONE?
    Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

The XM player is soon to be totally revamped, but as of now, you'll have to wait.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

that just made my week right there..
      Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

boner
        '02 GTI
        [Routis '04] [Opus 90W] [160GB Maxtor HD]
        [Lilliput 7" TS] [VIA M10000] [XMPCR]
        [512MB RAM] [Custom housing]
        [Deluo GPS Mouse] [E-MU 0404 Soundcard]
        Progress Meter: [==============|] 99.9%

Comment

I have searched here and there and can't seem to figure this one out...
          How do you set the ten buttons at the bottom?
          It is really frustrating me... I normally figure this stuff out quickly!
          Thanks...
          Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

change to the channel you want as a preset... then press and hold the preset button for 2 seconds

voila.. you have a new preset
            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

I could have sworn that I tried that.... but, I'll try it again... I suppose my T/s timeout could be set for a shorter time...

Thanks!
              Project "Media-Z" : 99 Camaro Z28 (Click to View)

Comment

my timeout was set for 2 secs and i was like wtf frodo i know you would have implemented touch and hold...now i know

i had just changed the presets .ini file to make it work
                CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Working...
                X