BMW Films won't run in Frodoplayer?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BMW Films won't run in Frodoplayer?

Has anyone else had this problem or am I the only still holding onto these things? They work perfectly with the Quicktime-like software Frodoplyaer requires. And I have no trouble running other videos in Frodoplayer. I searched and didn't see any discussion on BMW films and I'm fearing that I'm SOL!
    My first attempt at a carputer.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

I had that problem

I just downloaded the PC version that was the .wmv
    CarPC install is starting to come along again...

Comment

Did you install quicktime alternative ?
      What happens when you try to play them ?
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
        Did you install quicktime alternative ?
        What happens when you try to play them ?
        I have the QT alternative and directly from Windows Explorer, the QT alternative has no problems launching and playing them.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Comment

Originally posted by Grayscale
          I had that problem

I just downloaded the PC version that was the .wmv
          WOW!!! I didn't realize they were still available for download. Just checked and they are. Star is my fav, although Beat the Devil comes in a VERY close second.

Comment

what are you guys talking about? i am interested....
            My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

Originally posted by jedi7001
              what are you guys talking about? i am interested....
              OH MY GOD!!! You OWN ONE and you don't know?!?!? Well... it's not too late. Go to bmwfilms.com and start the downloads. They're WORTH IT! Start with Star, though!

Clive Owen has been kicking *** for four years now!!!

Comment

Looks COOL! I just started downloading Thanks for the help
                My BMW 2004 330i

Comment

Originally posted by R32 JUhl
                  I have the QT alternative and directly from Windows Explorer, the QT alternative has no problems launching and playing them.
                  And you still have not answered my question.
                  What happens ?
                  [H]4 Life
                  I'm a lesbian too.
                  I am for hire!

Comment

I have the same problem, i have qt alternative installed and the videos play fine with that and from the web browser but when i try to play a qt video in FP i just get a black screen and it doesn't play.
                    EPIA MII-1200, 512 MB Ram, Seagate 7200 RPM 160GB hard drive, Orinoco Gold with 5.5 dB external antenna, Lilliput 7" TS, DVD-ROM, M2-ATX, Rikaline 6010 GPS, Running Frodo Player
                    My Truckputer

Comment

Open them up in windows media player. Do they work ?
                      [H]4 Life
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

And you still have not answered my question.
                        What happens ?
                        When I open them in Frodoplayer, what happens? Besides nothing? Nothing.

NOTHING happens. It's as if I didn't click the play button at all.

When I open them in QT alternative what happens? It depends on the movie... suffice it to say the good guy always wins. You can tell who the good guy is - he's driving a BMW. But the movie plays without a problem.

When I watch the movies, "what happens?" I'm impressed by the stunt driver's abilities. And wonder to myself why BMW would disable their PRECIOUS traction control system on a director's whim.

"What happens" in the movie? You should really watch the movie yourself to see "what happens". I'd hate to spoil the ending for you.

Comment

Originally posted by jedi7001
                          Looks COOL! I just started downloading Thanks for the help
                          Let us know what your favorite is.

Comment

Originally posted by R32 JUhl
                            When I open them in Frodoplayer, what happens? Besides nothing? Nothing.

NOTHING happens. It's as if I didn't click the play button at all.

When I open them in QT alternative what happens? It depends on the movie... suffice it to say the good guy always wins. You can tell who the good guy is - he's driving a BMW. But the movie plays without a problem.

When I watch the movies, "what happens?" I'm impressed by the stunt driver's abilities. And wonder to myself why BMW would disable their PRECIOUS traction control system on a director's whim.

"What happens" in the movie? You should really watch the movie yourself to see "what happens". I'd hate to spoil the ending for you.

see post 11
                            [H]4 Life
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

Open them up in windows media player. Do they work ?
                              No. They have a .mov file extension - QT only or QT alternative... Right?

If you're looking to break the problem down, have at it. But I have no problem downloading them in WMV format, at ALL! That's how I plan to fix the problem, personally.

Comment

Working...
                              X