Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Equalizer Solution

So I've made the switch to frodoplayer,
    and I love everything about it (especially the whole not-being-dead feature)

But I'm really missing one thing from mediacar.
    Frodoplayer is in desperate need of an Equalizer!

Frodo, will you please work on finding a solution to put a equalizer into frodo player?

Or, has anyone else found software that will work as an alternative to frodoplayer not having an EQ?

thanks for any help
    mobo $130 ; 150wOpus-$200 ; 256mb pc2700 -$10 ; 120gb HDD 7200-$70 ; Lilliput TS 7"-$265 ; USB LAN-Free AR ; Rikaline 6010 GPS-$34 ; ShuttleXpress-$37
    Total = $746....Carputer = Priceless

My VIA Board has a software included in the newest driver package. Forgot the name though and the CarPC is not running atm. Vinyl...? Don't know. Not skinnable, the sliders are rather small. But better than nothing .
    I don't know if the tool also works on non-via board. Someone should give it a try .

Comment

Why don't you guys just use the equalizer built into media player ?!? It works pretty damn well. lol
      Current Setup

Nexus 7 Tablet
      Built in head unit
      Brutus 1500Watt Amp
      Two Boston 12" subs

2006 Infiniti M45 Sport ;) My 4 door Camaro... lol

Comment

that is a good equalizer... but what we need is something that is skinnable that plugs into out front end. duh lol
        -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Yeah I agree, would be nice to adjust things. Heck I would be happy with just a bass control because some songs have way to much bass.
          肚子笑痛了
          S60 Install

Comment

I use the EQ that was included with my Audigy 2 NX.

It's actually almost usable.

However I cannot recommend the Audigy 2 NX. Be sure to ask before you buy if it will meet your needs.
            TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
            BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
            BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Upon further review....

It would be somewhat easy (maybe) using WMP 10 to use it's equalizer and add one button ripping, and a bunch of other stuff.

It would require Frodo to only work on Win XP and everyone possibly purchasing more WMP plugins.

Of course if I am incorrect, may Frodo spank me down,
              TruckPC - gutted, being used for test setup
              BoatPC - All in 1 in cuddy, N7 using VNC on dash, RR
              BlazerPC - Nexus 7 with Timur's USBROM

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDog
                Upon further review....

It would be somewhat easy (maybe) using WMP 10 to use it's equalizer and add one button ripping, and a bunch of other stuff.

It would require Frodo to only work on Win XP and everyone possibly purchasing more WMP plugins.

Of course if I am incorrect, may Frodo spank me down,
                I'm spanking you now.
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Damn Frodo... where is the constructive part of your post where you say... yea i am working on it but am having problems or it's not possible right now so get a life you punk losers

Comment

Originally posted by antimatter
                    Damn Frodo... where is the constructive part of your post where you say... yea i am working on it but am having problems or it's not possible right now so get a life you punk losers
                    I ate too much. No long posts today.
                    [H]4 Life
                    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                    I'm a lesbian too.
                    I am for hire!

Comment

Me too... Happy Thanksgiving BTW

Comment

Originally posted by DaveDog
                        I use the EQ that was included with my Audigy 2 NX.
                        It's actually almost usable.
                        However I cannot recommend the Audigy 2 NX. Be sure to ask before you buy if it will meet your needs.
                        I'm also using the 2NX equalizer and I'm also NOT recommending the 2NX. Although I auto-start the taskbar control center (or whatever they call it) the EQ doesn't work unless you also start the EQ applet. I did this in my startup folder but (1) it won't start up minimized and (2) sometimes it doesn't work unless you uncheck the "enable" box and then recheck it.
                        Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Comment

I currently use a Pioneer DSP unit with EQ between my CarPC and the amps, but was also looking for a software option from Frodo. Something skinable would be killer.

Any way to replace WMP with Winamp as my backend player by modifying a ini setting or something Frodo

Comment

Any way to replace WMP with Winamp as my backend player by modifying a ini setting or something Frodo
                            FrodoPlayer is based on Windows MediaPlayer, so no luck for you.

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                              I ate too much. No long posts today.

Kevin,

I really want to fully switch to frodoplayer but this (EQ) is my biggest barrier. Especially for xm line in.

I currently run mediacar with the winamp line in feature.... have the url setting saved as a m3u file in my music directory. I modified Mediacar's settings.ini to accept the m3u. it shows in the music listing, I then launch it and voila, i can then launch xtremepcr as an external embedded app. and now have the mediacar frontend playing xm thru the line in and have equalizer control over the xm music signal.

I love your xm app. but xm needs tweaking via an equalizer to sound the least bit decent.

Any chance the WMP equalizer can be intergrated into FP soon....

Comment

Working...
                              X