Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When do we move forward 1/100th of a release?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When do we move forward 1/100th of a release?

Just was pondering the FP release numbering scheme. The current v1.09 would indicate that it's nine hundredths of the way between two releases. With all the changing that it's been (and still is) going through, maybe Frodo should kick the numbers up a little with each fix. It'd allow us poor beggars to at least measure the amount of progress we're making and it'd give Frodo a series of milestones to notch out in his programming gun.
    Epia-M II M10000 Nehemiah WinXP sp2 Travla C134 case Carnetix 1260 power Xenarc 700TS XM Direct Toslink Extigy USB 5.1 Garmin GPS18 Linksys 802.11g wireless Nokia 6230 Bluetooth Memphis Amps Focal Speakers Frontend: RoadRunner

Because you've only seen 1/100th of what I have in store for you.
    [H]4 Life
    My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
    It will be done sometime in the next generation.
    I'm a lesbian too.
    I am for hire!

Comment

At that rate, I would collect social security before R2 is out

Comment

Originally posted by wysocki
        Just was pondering the FP release numbering scheme. The current v1.09 would indicate that it's nine hundredths of the way between two releases. With all the changing that it's been (and still is) going through, maybe Frodo should kick the numbers up a little with each fix. It'd allow us poor beggars to at least measure the amount of progress we're making and it'd give Frodo a series of milestones to notch out in his programming gun.
        You would hate linux release versioning then. 2.6.8 is older then 2.6.10. Frodo is just making it easier on the mind for windows people
        steven n

95 Saturn SC1
        Alpine 9831 + Blaupunkt SR04
        Stereo Integrity 327 Comps + MTX 4244
        Resonant Engineering XXX 18 D2 + Elemental Designs Nine.1 + 7.5ft^3 tuned to ~29Hz

Carputer Progress: Rethinking, box has consumed my trunk

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
          like what? plz tell me
          View My Blog

Click for 2GB FREE on-line storage!

Comment

Lol
            01101100 01101001 01110001 01110101 01101001 01100100 01011111 01110011
            01101101 01101111 01101011 01100101

beer replenishment fund
            http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=93
            mp3car live search

i have joost invites, just hit me up for one.

Comment

Well since you guys must have missed the thread. The reasoning behind it (correct me if i am wrong) is that his wife said that that version 2.0 is the last version (so many lonley nights)

Thats why the versions have only gone up in minute degrees becasue once 2.0 hits it is all over folks.
              -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins

"Status - working on an interface for a carputer I don't have "

You dont even have a carputer, yet you still miraculously know what should be in store for us? So far so good, my friend. you shall be rewarded with your very own Frodobaggins Programmer Cheeerleading Squad.
                <-- This is Michelle, she likes long walks on the beach, and hopping up and down.
                <-- This is Carla, she partimes as a lunchlady, at night she fights crime.
                <-- This is Buffy, she is a vampire slayer.

HOORAY FOR KEYBOARDS!~~!~!1

Comment

Working...
                X