Skin Editor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Skin Editor

'ing for this didnt help... Whats the best method to start editing/making skins? Editing existing files manually or is there a skin editor app? Thx!

Originally posted by Mrbmw99
    'ing for this didnt help... Whats the best method to start editing/making skins? Editing existing files manually or is there a skin editor app? Thx!
    Photoshop & Notepad, brother.

There is/was a skin editor for 1.08. I don't believe it's bee updated for 1.09, though.
    Have you looked in the FAQ yet?
    How about the Wiki?

Under normal circumstances, a signature would go here.

Comment

mrbmw.. if you happen to have photoshop, you can set it to display percentages instead of pixels or inches... that way you don't have to sit there with a calculator and calculate it yourself for the frodoplayer skin.

Not sure which ones, but I'm sure other cheaper imaging programs can do that as well.

Comment

Yea I have photoshop... Ok I'll look into it! Thanks!!! -BW

Comment

So now that we've determined that I need to just use PS and notepad to edit manually (which is easy enough I guess), is PS the best? I tried to mess around in it a little, but I am not all that great with it. How do you others do it? What programs do you use? I don't know how to create buttons or glass/glossy appearance etc etc etc... Any help is appriciated! Thanks! -Brett W

Comment

PS is not the best..
            Best software to use is illustrator..

Comment

I'm downloading Illustrator now! I saw Adobe's online flash thing that shows a few of Illustrators capabilities and it looks cool! Can't wait to try it out! -BW

Comment

This is complicated! I can't figure it out! Hahahaaa - Now I have and even greater respect for you skinners. Not only do you have to THINK of the skin - but you have to get it onto the screen! -BW

Comment

Originally posted by TheKingPlaza
                  PS is not the best..
                  Best software to use is illustrator..
                  They are two completly different beasts. Thats like comparing apples to oranges.
                  -Jesus- King of Kings Lord of Lords

Comment

Working...
                  X