What camera do you use?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What camera do you use?

I wanna use frodocam in my car. Right now my dekstop has a cheap 20 dollar logitech webcam. Now on my 17inch desktop it looks crappy, but on my xenarc the looks alright. Problem is, its using 100% cpu when its on! When i go to frodocam my song starts to repeat the same part over and over and the picture takes like 1 minute to refresh.

If you using one, please list which one your using and if the picture is clear. Im assuming your using it when you backup right?

BTW Frodo are you planning on user having the option of viewing the camera while they are browsing their songs? You know in the little window?
    My Carputer Project

anyone?
    My Carputer Project

Comment

Hmm, would a capture card with an rca camera be a better solution?
      Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
      512mb DDR333
      Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

Originally posted by ddogg_777
        Hmm, would a capture card with an rca camera be a better solution?
        Yah i just ordered a rca camera and didnt even think about the inputs. So now i need a capture card?
        My Carputer Project

Comment

Yep. Unless your video card already has that capability.
          Aopen i855GMEm-LFS with Dothan 1.8ghz
          512mb DDR333
          Windows XPpro SP2

Comment

this is the camera im getting.

Now from that pic, it looks like the rca is female correct? So i was thinking, the m1000 has a svideo input. Couldent i just get an RCA to Svideo adapter and do that instead?
            My Carputer Project

Comment

Originally posted by nappyjim
              this is the camera im getting.

Now from that pic, it looks like the rca is female correct? So i was thinking, the m1000 has a svideo input. Couldent i just get an RCA to Svideo adapter and do that instead?
              I don't have one, so I'm not positive, but I'd guess that it's an S-Vid output, not input.

Does your monitor have a composite video input, like the Xenarc 700TSV? I don't have a camera yet, but when I do, I'll probably just use the composite inputs on the monitor.
              95 Chevy G20 Vroom Boom Room
              ...with a whole bunch of nifty ****... go check it out: VanDomain Page

Comment

Originally posted by VanMan69
                I don't have one, so I'm not positive, but I'd guess that it's an S-Vid output, not input.

Does your monitor have a composite video input, like the Xenarc 700TSV? I don't have a camera yet, but when I do, I'll probably just use the composite inputs on the monitor.
                no, that camera only has rca outputs. Im just wondering if the RCA coonnection you see in the picture is a MALE or FEMALE.

My xenarc does have composite, but i dont want to swtich modes thru my monitor. I want to be able to use FrodoCam to switch between camera and desktop
                My Carputer Project

Comment

No, I'm saying I think the S-Vid port on your M1000 is an output, not an input.

And realistically, using the composite in on the monitor would be much better in terms of resolution and framerate.
                  95 Chevy G20 Vroom Boom Room
                  ...with a whole bunch of nifty ****... go check it out: VanDomain Page

Comment

I have the Xenarc 700TSV and thought about the camera route. It has 2 other Video inputs. What camera do you guys think would be best for this to hook up to the Xenarc?

Thanks.

Comment

What software could be used to use the webcam as a secuirty cam in the vehicle?

Could be useful...

I got software with a cheap webcam i bought...but wonder what other guys are using

Thanks

vintageb3
                      M10000 mainboard,256 RAM, 80 Gig 3.5" drive, PWS-120-M, ITPS, Lilliput 7" touchscreen, XP Pro SP2, Frodoplayer, Map Monkey, InfoMap Navigator 4, WIFI

Current: Bluetooth. Trying to get Phonecontrol to work with SE T610.

Comment

For those with xenarc screens you can set the display to automaticaly change to input 2 when the camera turns on. My setup will turn the camera on in reverse or with the flip of a switch. This eliminates the need for software/drivers and will work even with the computer off.
                        '99 F-350 Crew 7.3L~'02 F-350 Crew 7.3L~ '04 Dakota SLT+ 4.7L
                        MII12000opus120~MII12000opus120~MII10000opus150
                        NA~Senao dual 7.4 ant~Orinoco Gold
                        Pioneer~Pioneer~PG Octane-R R5.1MT
                        Xenarc, Rikaline6010, Garmin OEM16 HVS, CoPilot10

Comment

Thanks for the info Bridger, however I was just wondering about using the camera within FrodoCam with RCA inputs? I wouldn't have to switch modes on my screen though would I? I'm confused on the connections a bit when it wouldn't be through USB.

Comment

Originally posted by PDiddy
                            Thanks for the info Bridger, however I was just wondering about using the camera within FrodoCam with RCA inputs? I wouldn't have to switch modes on my screen though would I? I'm confused on the connections a bit when it wouldn't be through USB.
                            You would need a capture card.
                            [H]4 Life
                            My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                            It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                            I'm a lesbian too.
                            I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                              You would need a capture card.
                              frodo, so there is no way to use frodocam thru a USB device? Like this thing there that changes the rca into a USB connection.

http://www.studica.com/products/prod...?productid=964
                              My Carputer Project

Comment

Working...
                              X