I can't come out of full screen with movies, but can with text

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can't come out of full screen with movies, but can with text

I dont' know if this a memory problem or not because it works just find on a computer sitting right next to the carpc. When I go to full screen playing a video, or playing the album art(the standard one from Windows), it will not come out of it by clicking the screen. But if I am in full screen and it is showing just a still jpg or when it is showing the album info(text), I can click on it and the tool bars will appear. I did a complete reinstall of FP, using default skin, and it does the same.

Another strange thing that might be the same thing is the slider goes to the end while the song is playing, almost as if the slider means nothing. If the song or movie is playing, and I click the slider, it goes to that point, but then slider jumps to the end. I am using a M10000 and 512k memory. Odd thing though, if I make a shortcut key on the keyboard for "full screen", I can use that to get out of the full screen when no menus are showing.

I tried keeping the menu always visible, and hiding the status bar, and when the status bar hides, I can't get it to come back unless I have a jpg showing or text, which I change from using the button on the menu.

Any suggestions? Is this a memory or slow computer problem? Damn, I got to have my movies. I got to go to bed, it was a 16 hour frodo day. thanks for any help

Edit: The move I am playing is 363k, and playing at normal speed. That little zero just won't pop up at the top for videos.

Edit: Also, when I double click on the movie, it will go full screen for a half second, and then the menu will come back. And a correction on the slider, when a song or movie starts, the slider jumps straight to the end. If you move the slider to any part along the line, the song or movie will start over. Just strange, I hope it wasn't this freakin computer
    Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

I hope me being a moron can help someone else out in the future. If you follow the directions and the requirements, you will know that WMP 9 needs to be there, and for some reason I thought it came with XP, dont' know why. I think they need to show my thread count in two sections, one for actual real responses, and one that says "dammit, what the hell is wrong with you". I swear I check everything and run alot of searches, I do everything to make sure I don't get the icon.

Check out the screen shot of my video playing. Don't take it personal Frodo, the only two small movies I have are about a monkey, one is of the monkey drinking his own ****, and the other is a monkey touching his but hole with his finger, and then when he sniffs his finger, and flips out and falls off a tree. I put the links so you can download them from my server. There funny as hell.
    later,

Links to the movies:
    Zip File:
    927kb http://www.roseso..../monkey_****.zip
    349kb http://www.roseso..../stinkymonkey.zip
    Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

Comment

Install WMP 9 or 10.

8 doesn't work.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Yea, I remembered reading that about 9 countless times, and finally hit me after I got up out the chair and posting the thread that it wasn't going to be on WinXPpro. Hopefully that will help someone else.
        Do all the keyshort cuts work? I got one of those gyration cordless keyboard and mouse setups, and have been playing with it. Its nice because it has volume already and alot of shortcut keys that should work. Not all the keys you want to use work with frodo, but some cool ones do. But I can't get some of the short cuts to work no matter what key I use. Do you want me to just a run a test through all of them for the hell of it. Im not doing anything but installing this weekend, and still have alot to configure on the computer and software and tests. Rather do it now before I stick it in. Another cool thing about that gyration keyboard setup, is the mouse can be used to control the volume, open apps, or do anything. Plus you can hold it in the air, frigin nice. Im about to put a thread in the right place about that.
        thanks again, k

Comment

They keycodes aren't global. The app has to be in focus.
          [H]4 Life
          My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
          It will be done sometime in the next generation.
          I'm a lesbian too.
          I am for hire!

Comment

Working...
          X