Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you skinners get your Icons? (New skin coming)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where do you skinners get your Icons? (New skin coming)

I'm working on a revised version of Frigor's/Feb's skin and I'd like to include the icon for cell phone on larger buttons. Where do I source that icon? I've searched the web and the forums and I'm not finding an answer to this question. Can anyone help me out? And if anyone can tell me what font Feb is using in Photoshop, that would help, too. This is what I have so far.

Thanks in advance!
    My first attempt at a carputer.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

I'd also like to know where everyone gets their icons for the skins - they always look so good.

Comment

Google, and select images, and then put your car name in the search box. I normally put in Acura Logo, and it will give me hundreds of different logos with different color backgrounds so they can put in or modified. Also try the name of your car, or model and use that + logo. That worked for me.
      Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

Comment

Icons, not car logos

Originally posted by clean customs
        Google, and select images, and then put your car name in the search box. I normally put in Acura Logo, and it will give me hundreds of different logos with different color backgrounds so they can put in or modified. Also try the name of your car, or model and use that + logo. That worked for me.
        I'm looking for the icons on the buttons, not the car logos (I have those already) - like the cell phone icon, the GPS icon, the XM icon - I only need the cell phone icon. And the icons I was pulling up on google didn't look very good.

PM me if you're interested in a monitor faceplate for your '99-'04 Golf or Jetta. My Vortex ID is NorthAtlR32 - you can IM me there, too. Go here for more information.

Comment

ah, sorry about that that. Send me a pm and I have a set of logos that might be helpful from some PSD files.
          Round VIII - [IIIIIIIIII] 30% Have some parts for 300zx Sema car I don't own yet. Will have 10.4" & 7" screen, and more then you can believe. Will add updates to cleancustoms.com, will be sweet. My car is still same, but might change.

Comment

ah, sorry about that that. Send me a pm and I have a set of logos that might be helpful from some PSD files.

You got PM! TIA!

Comment

Bump - still looking for a phone icon.

Now the search is out for an IE icon as well as an E-mail icon. Would prefer them in black and white.

Comment

Ie
                Attached Files
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Thanks Frodo,

Here's the latest, but I guess my weak-*** photo shop skills really show up when trying to integrate that icon.

Comment

what about a web instead of an IE?
                    Roy

2005 Range Rover 4.4
                    Any ideas for putting a PC in this? :)

Comment

Originally posted by R32 JUhl
                      Thanks Frodo,

Here's the latest, but I guess my weak-*** photo shop skills really show up when trying to integrate that icon.

Man don't down yourself, that looks sweet. Sorry I haven't got back with you, used a screw driver while the computer was running to remove a jumper. Give me a list of exacts again if its anything besides the phone and I will get it for you. Im learning photshop as I go along, and by using and playing around with other peoples PSDs.

Comment

a nice black and white IE logo for you... and its already in PSD format
                        Attached Files
                        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by RoyN
                          what about a web instead of an IE?
                          No way! I'm part of the MS conspiracy to wipe out all other web surfing software!!!

Seriously though - that's a good suggestion. Do you have an icon? Even a spider web icon would be sorta whimsical, IMO. Or, if you would supply the icon to our favorite browser, I'd be happy to build that menu in addition to the IE menu.

Comment

Originally posted by strohj
                            a nice black and white IE logo for you... and its already in PSD format

Awesome! Thanks. I'll try that one tonight.

Comment

Man don't down yourself, that looks sweet. Sorry I haven't got back with you, used a screw driver while the computer was running to remove a jumper. Give me a list of exacts again if its anything besides the phone and I will get it for you. Im learning photshop as I go along, and by using and playing around with other peoples PSDs.

Thanks for the encouragement. And good luck on your repairs!

I need a phone icon and something for E-mail, still.

And I've been learning PhotoShop the same way. I swear you could invest your entire career in that program and still not know everything about it!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X