No announcement yet.

almost 8 months since last FP update...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost 8 months since last FP update...

smells like what happened to mediacar...
    its sad... I really liked Frodoplayer...

I dont understand why you would make a kickass XM software peice, but not put that code into FP... it seems easy enough, and its the main thing thats keeping me from using FP...

Are you doing a complete rewrite from scratch?

Anyways... all hail frodo...

Go ahead, everyone flame me about how he is so hard at work on it and blah blah... zombies... This isnt a complaint, nor a request... just an observation

my whole point of starting this thread is because i think frodoplayer is dead, there will not be a take 4.
    although, there may be a totally new peice of software from frodo that blows it away... take 4 seems to be vaporware
    e46|700tsv 2005 model|sb51g xpc2.4ghz opus 150|I-bus|XM Direct&cables | slim slot USB DVD-cdrw|Hawking 54g|iGuidance 2.1-HoluxGPS
    sold it all... :-(

Coming Soon - 2007 BMW 335i UMPC install

Zombies!

Omfg Run For Your Lives!
    (All done)
    iPad Mini 128GB, RF 600.5 amp, JL12W0V2, 8 Infinity Components

Comment

Originally posted by sdashiki
      Zombies!

Omfg Run For Your Lives!
      I can hear them coming already... chanting... "frodo.... frodo..."
      e46|700tsv 2005 model|sb51g xpc2.4ghz opus 150|I-bus|XM Direct&cables | slim slot USB DVD-cdrw|Hawking 54g|iGuidance 2.1-HoluxGPS

Comment

Originally posted by RiXst3r
        Yes. It takes time. New version will also support flash and dynamic building of components, so no need to shove unused buttons/labels off the screen.

Why the XM isn't integrated: waste of time supporting a peice of software that is going in for a total rewrite.
        PowerVoice v1 | NaviVoice Source
        GammaControl v2.4
        SKINbedder v3

1995 Lexus SC300

Comment

Altough I still think that he could give a little update. If it's 8 months ago since the last update he could at least say "It'll still take a few monts" or something like that. No matter what.

Comment

lol, Frodo- you can blame Guino for the comments above as he hs spoiled us RR users and caused envy it seems

Comment

And what if he says 2 more months and then he has bugs he has to workout and it takes longer. Then you same people will be on here saying, "come on frodo, you said 2 months! Dont give us a time frame if your not gonna deliver"

Remember, he is only 1 guy with a handful of beta testers I would say. Things take time. If you want a timetable, I'll say for sure the next update will be out before 2007.
              My Carputer Project

Comment

I know that this have been told in the past but I'm going to say it anyway:

I'M HAPPY WITH Take 3 AND WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR TAKE 4 I WILL LOVE TOO!!!
                NO RUSH!!!!

Thanks big monkey....

Thanatos.
                RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
                  I know that this have been told in the past but I'm going to say it anyway:

I'M HAPPY WITH Take 3 AND WHEN THE TIME COMES FOR TAKE 4 I WILL LOVE TOO!!!
                  NO RUSH!!!!

Thanks big monkey....

Thanatos.
                  Thats what i meant by zombies... its like there are so many people here who totally kiss frodo's *** all the time, like he is some monkey god or something... all talk, and no real contribution from you people...

I really appritiate all his hard work, and the input he adds to this forum, but c'mon... you people worship him... just send him money, say thanks, and treat him like a normal smoking monkey lesbian.

if you really like his work, make a donation... thats what I am gonna do if I end up using take 4.

Comment

8 months is nothing compared to <looks around to make sure confused and dancehaven arn't in the vicinity> AIMEE. Anounced about a year ago and still no show, not even a beta. Oh yes we've had avi files showing what it will do, but no exe.

Comment

Originally posted by RiXst3r
                      Yes.
                      [H]4 Life
                      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                      I'm a lesbian too.
                      I am for hire!

Comment

[QUOTE=frodobaggins]

Originally posted by frodobaggins
                        Yes.
                        Kinda worrying that the author and admin messes up quoting, no wonder there are bugs in the software.

runs and hides

Comment

Originally posted by Enforcer
                          8 months is nothing compared to <looks around to make sure confused and dancehaven arn't in the vicinity> AIMEE. Anounced about a year ago and still no show, not even a beta. Oh yes we've had avi files showing what it will do, but no exe.

what you talking about? i'm running the beta on my home pc
                          CarPC status: iPod, 3,456,217 songs so **** you

Comment

If the new version can compete with RR and centrafuse it's worth waiting.
                            Have to say that the opponents have made very stable versions with all possible features. The only thing is missing is a fast reliable database.

Keep up the good work frodo..

Comment

Working...
                            X