ipod interface

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ipod interface

I searched, but didn't find anything on this...

Is there anything like mlpod (for winamp) or something frodoplayer can use to add an iPod's database if connected? (So i can just plug in my ipod and control it from the pc w/ frodo)

With FP you don't really need to control your Ipod, just access the database...
    It would be nice to add in FP a feature like "CD" for those who have mass mp3 players or external disks, which allow to refresh the database or access directly the new database when connected.
    BMW E36 Project [ ========= ]
    Hardware:
    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Epia M-10000 - HQCT 1.0 FM Radio - 2.5" 80Gb - USB GPS
    Software:
    FrodoPlayer 1.10 & MapMonkey with FriBruMet Skins by Frigor.

Comment

yeah.. that's exactly what I meant (not physically controlling the ipod).. I just know that the ipod has a hashed structure, so just putting in a directory prompt won't do anything (unless FP grabs all the ID3 tags and sorts based on them)

Comment

Please forgive me if this doesn't work as intended. I am VERY new to FP and just now in the process of acquiring all the items for my carputer.

I tested this method today and it seemed to work out pretty well:

I assigned my ipod a specific drive letter (X: in my case) on my desktop AND the laptop I'm going to use for my carputer. I plugged my ipod into my desktop accessed it through winamp (I dislike Itunes), loaded it up with music and created a playlist of all of the songs. I then transferred the playlist to the Frodoplayer playlist directory and plugged my ipod into my laptop. Finally, I started up Frodoplayer, loaded the playlist and instantly I added 30GB of music to my carputer system.

Seems to work alright so far.

Comment

What software you use to transfer playlist to frodoplayer playlist?

Originally posted by Damagecase
          Please forgive me if this doesn't work as intended. I am VERY new to FP and just now in the process of acquiring all the items for my carputer.

I tested this method today and it seemed to work out pretty well:

I assigned my ipod a specific drive letter (X: in my case) on my desktop AND the laptop I'm going to use for my carputer. I plugged my ipod into my desktop accessed it through winamp (I dislike Itunes), loaded it up with music and created a playlist of all of the songs. I then transferred the playlist to the Frodoplayer playlist directory and plugged my ipod into my laptop. Finally, I started up Frodoplayer, loaded the playlist and instantly I added 30GB of music to my carputer system.

Seems to work alright so far.
          ------------------------------

98 Honda civic
          In-Dash LCD Monitor K-301
          cappuccino EZ3
          PIII-1.2GHZ
          256MB PC133
          40GB HD
          Holux GR 213 Sirf Star III GPS
          IguidanceV2
          CNX-P1900 power supply
          Sound Blaster Live USB

Comment

Nothing else. Winamp saves the playlist in the .M3U format. I put that playlist into my C:\Program Files\FrodoPlayer\Playlists directory. Start up Frodoplayer, go to the playlists selection and it's there.

Comment

You can do that, but it just seems like a hassle everytime you update your ipod with new music... It'd be nice to have like a mlpod plugin or somethin

Comment

Just set your cd drive to the ipod drive
                Then you can browse it like that.
                [H]4 Life
                My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                I'm a lesbian too.
                I am for hire!

Comment

Do you have this problem?
                  When I use FrodoPlayer to read Ipod's music file name.
                  They all apear to be:
                  ____1.mp3
                  ____4.mp3
                  etc......

Originally posted by Damagecase
                  Nothing else. Winamp saves the playlist in the .M3U format. I put that playlist into my C:\Program Files\FrodoPlayer\Playlists directory. Start up Frodoplayer, go to the playlists selection and it's there.
                  ------------------------------

98 Honda civic
                  In-Dash LCD Monitor K-301
                  cappuccino EZ3
                  PIII-1.2GHZ
                  256MB PC133
                  40GB HD
                  Holux GR 213 Sirf Star III GPS
                  IguidanceV2
                  CNX-P1900 power supply
                  Sound Blaster Live USB

Comment

Originally posted by faichiu
                    Do you have this problem?
                    When I use FrodoPlayer to read Ipod's music file name.
                    They all apear to be:
                    ____1.mp3
                    ____4.mp3
                    etc......
                    I tryed using not an Ipod but an external disk with my mp3s...
                    I discovered that FP in CD mode don't read Id3tags, but only filenames.
                    Probably in your Ipod your mp3 are store as ____1.mp3 ____4.mp3 and you can see on your Ipod display the track name only by Id3 tags.
                    At last, the better way seems to be the playlist...
                    btw Damagecase... you had your playlist created by WinAmp... did you remember the filenames listed in it?
                    BMW E36 Project [ ========= ]
                    Hardware:
                    Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Epia M-10000 - HQCT 1.0 FM Radio - 2.5" 80Gb - USB GPS
                    Software:
                    FrodoPlayer 1.10 & MapMonkey with FriBruMet Skins by Frigor.

Comment

Working...
                    X