random fp exitting...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• random fp exitting...

when i'm running fp and music is playing or i'm using embedded routis2k4, the screen goes black (goes to my blank desktop)..... like fp closes. the music stops and all i can see is the cursor. and i can move it around and stuff. i have fp running as the shell. i don't know what to do? or how to even diagnose this problem?

I have a similar issue... Frodo plays a MP3 song that i guess it thinks is corrupted and shuts down... However I can play the exact same song in windows media player with no issues... I can also play it in Directory 3 mode in ver 1.10
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

so it is in fact a corrupted mp3 huh? that sucks. maybe theres a simple fix for this?

Comment

I think it is... or at least I have narrowed it down to specific MP3 files on my system that does this...
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

well this does it on a lot of my mp3's. this is f'd up. it makes me really mad becuase its running as my shell and when it closes i have to reset my computer becuase its easier than using a keyboard in traffic.

Comment

do/did you use Tag&rename to rename etc any of your mp3 files?

I have noticed that this exiting only happens on mp3's i tagged with it... I wonder if it doesnt have something to do with it...

as far as frodo crashing.. there is a registry entry to automatically restart your shell if it crashes.. autorestartshell or something.. do a search on here...

Comment

yup they are all tagged with tag&rename. but it happens randomly. most of the time i can play songs. but like once or twice a day at least it exits. and today it actually restarted my computer...!!!!

Comment

With Tag&rename did you embed the album pic into the mp3?

Comment

yup!

Comment

all the files that frodo crashes on for me are the same... tagged with tag&rename.. and embedded album art..

somehow frodoplayer doesnt handle them correctly

Comment

well dammit. i have 1500 songs tagged and renamed like that.

i might have to switch to mediaengine

Comment

All my media is fixed with tag&rename and FP works just fine.(maybe the embedded album art is causing the prob)

Thanatos.
                        RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
                        We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

this is so wierd and annoying to me....

Comment

Originally posted by Shaar
                            this is so wierd and annoying to me....
                            Yeah I hate it when images dont show.........

But on the original thread yup I'v had it exit on me with mpg's as well, then again some of my mpgs kill explorer dead, its a case of weeding them out.
                            Lez, more widely known as flez1966

Comment

Working...
                            X