windows media player 10 problems

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• windows media player 10 problems

I've been reading about problems that people have been having with Windows Media Player 10. i used automatic updates to install it, not realizing that i didn't want it. WHen i installed it and used Frodo, it bogged down my system, like other people were experiencing. i uninstalled it and went back to WMP 9, but i had the same problem. THe only way i can get frodo player to play music is to load WMP, turn of visualizations, and use it. its still sluggish, but doens't play choppy music. I even tried downloading the new installation and installling it again, nothing. When i play music from WMP, not frodo, it uses more system resources than frodo, but in frodo, it still skips. Is there a way to complete removing WMP 9 and reinstall it? or any other suggestions to help this?
    Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

some people had luck using a systen restore point to get back to windows media player 9

if not.. it sounds like a windows reinstall might be in your future...
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

What vis are you using ? Some have some memory leaks.
      [H]4 Life
      My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
      It will be done sometime in the next generation.
      I'm a lesbian too.
      I am for hire!

Comment

Originally posted by frodobaggins
        What vis are you using ? Some have some memory leaks.
        It was on Battery Random, which i believe is the default visualization. i turned it off, which helps a little, but its still running sluggish.
        Progress - VIA EPIA SP8000 | 120 Opus Power Supply & Case | 1GB Ram | 120GB 2.5" Hard Drive | Bluetooth 2.0 | GPRS/3G | Wifi | Road Runner/LSX 2.0 (waiting for a day skin for 3.0) | iGuidance 4.0 | Lilliput 7"

Comment

Yeah I have the same problem now.. My previous system was a PIII 800Mhz and it worked fine with WMP10 and vizualizations. Now I have an EPIA 500MHz system and WMP10/Frodoplayer is 100% CPU.

Comment

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...r/faq.aspx#2_3

Comment

yeah, that's how i uninstalled WMP10. It current runs WMP9, but just poorly.

Comment

Skipping with Windows Media Player

I experienced a similar problem with terrible skipping especially the first time a song was played, and only up to a certain point in the song. I hadn't had a skip in the previous two years. I had taken the computer out of the car to work on it, and I had it connected to the net to get updated. It hadn't been updated in two years, and I let it install all updates, critical and optional. I tried unistalling WMP 10 and reverting back to 9, it did not help at all. I suspected it was XP Service Pack II, so I uninstalled everything that had been installed during the update (about 80 updates). Had to uninstall them in reverse order, with about 20 reboots in between. Finally after completely uninstalling all the updates and backing out of SPII, the skipping magically disappeared. XP sucks. I suck for installing XP on the mobile PC in lieu of Win2000.

Comment

whats your cpu usage? i have the same motherboard i think. 1 ghz processor. when viewing a vis in a small window, my cpu % usage is like 40 percent i think if i had to guess off the top of my head. full screen vis is around 80 or 90% cpu. i dont skip so it doesnt really matter, but im not sure if that is normal cpu usage or what.

on my desktop the vis flys in frodo and uses like 2% usage

i never checked the cpu usage before i upgraded to sp2 then wmp10 then back to nine.. frodo runs ok. sometimes if im starting a video and i try to skip modes real quick it freezes temporarily.

Comment

all better! Turns out the WMP10 uninstall doesn't do it but System Restore fixed it. note to self, never install WMP10

Comment

what % cpu is it using now in vis mode windowed and/or full screen when playing mp3s? and what speed cpu do you have? wanna see if mine is running slow or not

eddie

Comment

Before my cpu was at pinned at 100% w/o visuals but didnt' skip, just very sluggish. W/ visuals it was 100%, but skipped horribly. now back w/ WMP9, its around %40 w/ visuals (battery random). I'm using a VIA M10000 which is a 1ghz via processor.

Comment

Reinstalling windows and leaving the original WMP on the XPSP2 install works perfectly.

Comment

i m having with the same issue as well... let me test out above remedy to see if it can work for me or not...

Comment

I had the same problem. Installed WMP10 and then FP crawled. Ran system restore and now everything is cool..
                              Current Vehicle: 2007 Dodge Nitro

Second Vehicle: Sold it :( 2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab

First Vehicle: 2003 Ford Ranger

Comment

Working...
                              X