Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem shutting down with frodo..

Hey guys..

When i press the power button on my laptop it shuts down windows and turns off.
    This happens even if frodo is playing..

Now, If i use -menu-exit-shutdown- in frodoplayer, windows shuts down then i get the 'it is now safe to turn off your computer' message.

The laptop wont turn itself off like it does if i press power or go -start-shutdown-.

Is there a fix for this?

Thanks!
    PB 2.0Ghz, 20GB, 512mb, XPpro. 300GB Usb HDD, Griffin pwrmate, m-audio audiophile fw. BU-353 gps. 2x100w sony amps, 1x150w JBL sub amp, MBQuart front components, 6x9 rear, 10" sub. Audiocontrol epcienter, esp2, 3xs. Clifford G5, Finished, fitted, problems

in your BIOS.. go check your ACPI settings... Mine is set to support S1&S3...

thats all i can think of...
    Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Are you using take 3 or 1.10?

Thanatos.
      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

I am using version 1.9 take 3.

Cant find anything like s1 or s3 in my bios settings. (pb laptop).
        Hard to see on my 700idt though so i will try and get it in the house over the weekend...
        PB 2.0Ghz, 20GB, 512mb, XPpro. 300GB Usb HDD, Griffin pwrmate, m-audio audiophile fw. BU-353 gps. 2x100w sony amps, 1x150w JBL sub amp, MBQuart front components, 6x9 rear, 10" sub. Audiocontrol epcienter, esp2, 3xs. Clifford G5, Finished, fitted, problems

Comment

is there anything to do with power settings in your BIOS ?
          Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Did anyone find a fix to this?

Comment

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/810903

Comment

thanks for the fast reply ive seen that fix but was hesitant to try. any idea if it works?

Comment

it works for 90%

Comment

I installed the motherboard drivers that came with the laptop and also downloaded and installed the latest bios.
                    This improved the problem, half the time i got the message, the other 50% of the time it shut down fine.
                    About a month later i chucked out the griffin power mate i was using. now it shuts down fine about 90% of the time.
                    I have no idea what causes it to freeze the other 10%.

I also had myself and 3 friends (total of 7 pc's) try it on home / work computers. It vairied between 50% and 10% failure. I.e. it locked up shutting down. Most of these were fairly new high end machines.
                    Only thing was they all used the copy of frodo i had on a cd so thinking about it maybe i will just try downloading frodo again. My laptop allways (99%) shuts down ok if i use the windows option or any other program other than frodo..

Comment

Working...
                    X