FP and gps question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FP and gps question

So what gps program does everyone use with FP? Any thing I should be aware of? I'm looking for some opinions and experiences with FP and gps.

I personally like iGuidance. I have used Delorme Sreet Atlas and MS Streets & Trips in the past, but if you want that seamless integration I highly recommend trying iGuidance.

Comment

I use FreeDrive. Easy to use and a new version is just around the corner (can't wait).
      CarDomain
      06' Scion xB Camo - CarPC_Worklog - My Air Suspension Setup [6-valve's, Cusco Camber]

Comment

I read the gps FAQ but from your experience, how easily does iguidance or freedrive embed in FP?

Comment

Super easy, you just point Fp to load FD or IG form setting 2 and that is it.

Also with the new skining gps window in version 1.10 is even better.

Thanatos.
          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Originally posted by thanatos106
            Super easy, you just point Fp to load FD or IG form setting 2 and that is it.

Also with the new skining gps window in version 1.10 is even better.

Thanatos.
            How hard would it be to skin with version 1.09? I want buttons on my GPS screen to control the music of FP, not the ugly gray bar with the "hide" button.
            CarDomain
            06' Scion xB Camo - CarPC_Worklog - My Air Suspension Setup [6-valve's, Cusco Camber]

Comment

It doesn't have to be grey, change the color scheme on your windows taskbars. I use FP 1.90 with Freedrive and they work and look great except I can't control the music yet with it. Would rather use FP 1.10 with the new release of freedrive coming up, Just had some bugs I can't figure out yet. But hey for free, none of us can complain.
              .... BTW does anyone know of a way I can control the music using what I have?

Comment

Isn't it possible to skin that toolbar in 1.9? I asked about this on the FreeDrive forum and they said i should be able to ... i don't have enuf time to bring the computer in the house and try it out tho ... maybe on monday
                CarDomain

Comment

Originally posted by vairu
                  Isn't it possible to skin that toolbar in 1.9? I asked about this on the FreeDrive forum and they said i should be able to ... i don't have enuf time to bring the computer in the house and try it out tho ... maybe on monday

If with toolbar you mean the GPS window that it has the "hide" button and the media controls the answer is NO, if you want to skin that you have part you nned version 1.10.

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

Originally posted by TheKurbster
                    BTW does anyone know of a way I can control the music using what I have?
                    Elaborate a little cus I really don't understand you question, is it that when you hit play music does pause or play and etc?

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

If with toolbar you mean the GPS window that it has the "hide" button and the media controls the answer is NO, if you want to skin that you have part you nned version 1.10.

Thanatos.
                      damn, does 1.1 have a lot of bugs? I don't want to upgrade and then not even be able to use the carPC
                      CarDomain

Comment

its does not have that many bugs... but you can go check out 1.10 in its thread.. and you will see what they are and how to fix them..
                        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Elaborate a little cus I really don't understand you question, is it that when you hit play music does pause or play and etc?

Thanatos.

I mean is there a way for me to add the next / pause button along or next to the hide button? Cause as of right now all i have is that hide button

Comment

you will need to use a skin for mapmonkey that has the play/pause and next/prev buttons on it.. OR you need to upgrade to frodo 1.10.. which has this as part fo the embedding
                            Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Originally posted by strohj
                              you will need to use a skin for mapmonkey that has the play/pause and next/prev buttons on it.. OR you need to upgrade to frodo 1.10.. which has this as part fo the embedding
                              Will mapmonkey skin work with freedrive? probably a dumb question but i never tried it, and scared to cause everything is working fine and i don't want to mess it up just to get the buttons. If anyone has please let me know

Comment

Working...
                              X