Play order

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Play order

was it a mistake to setup the database? i cant figure out how to make FP put my songs in order by file name even though i have the sort by file name box checked. the only thing i can think is that perhaps the database is overriding this setting, can i delete the database? if i do well my songs play in order of file name?

this and instaling my front speakers are the only 2 items left on my list to finish off my car pc

What version are you using?

Thanatos.
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Comment

The DB file is call medialib.ldb (make sure you don't delete the one with ext. MDB) delete it and then rebuild the DB.

Don't know if that is going to help you or not but you can try.

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

I rebuilt my database last night (without deleting it first) because I added new music and some of the new music is coming up out of order. Any idea what is causing this?

Comment

All I can think about is maybe the "filter ID3 tags text" in settings 2/Misc 3 go there and check if the box is ticked. (if it is try unticked and rebuild again to see what happen)

Thanatos.

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Comment

i checked this morning on my way to work and that box wasnt ticked

Comment

I seem to have the same problem with v 1.10. I installed it just now on my home system and again all my files are out of order. My files are all named "01 songname.mp3" "02 songname.mp3" and so on. When I look at them in explorer they are all in the correct order but when I look at them in frodoplayer most of them are in some random order or in reverse order.

Comment

i asked about this not too long ago and have thus found the answer since.

in settings 1 i checked the box filename so it will show the file name when it comes up
                  i had to change all the id tags to state the correct artist and title and i deleted everything else
                  go into the folder that your mp3's are and then get comfortable...
                  right click on a single file --> properties --> advance settings (lower right hand corner) and then edited the artist line and title line

it is VERY boring and tedious to do unless you have a better way of doing it, good luck. i have 1450+ mp3's the edit

a trick i did was in the folder of mp3's i put it on the details view and rightclicked the folder to show the filename, artist, title and comments
                  filename to make sure it was correct and what i wanted to see when in FP
                  artist the see what the order would be in FP database
                  title to makesure the correct order among the artists
                  and comments would just makesure that i edited it

cut, copy and paste are your friends

jwu

Comment

I have close to 10,000 mp3's, editing the id3 tags for all of them would take days and days and I shouldnt have to resort to that. there should be a way to order my songs by file name.

Comment

yeah.... i thought that too but i couldnt think of a better way

i have 1450 and thats taking me days but i lack attention span as well...

sorry i couldnt come up with an easier method but a method i came up with never the less...

maybe a program that edits id3tags on the fly? i would think it would be easier assuming the program would allow you to edit as easy as renaming a file. the problem that i came into was it was a horrible combination of hotkeying cut copy paste and mouse control into the correct fields on top of right clicking to begin with... not all that hard to be honest but there has to be an easier way. a program that would just allow you to cut and paste and tab through fields would be great. such as just copying the filename tabbing over and pasting it into a single proper field, enter and then off to the next one. still tedious but faster coming from someone thats been doing this for the last couple of nights...

well if theres an easier way let the hobbit speak...

jwu

Comment

0l33l http://www.mp3fe.com

"MP3 File Editor comes stacked with some great plug-ins. There's a tool to remove tags from MP3 files..."

This is what I used for my Creative Zen that refused to treat files as different if they had the same ID3 dags.
                        Carputer-II: Infiniti Q45
                        Simple setup, NAV-only
                        Tablet PC :: FP :: iGuidance

Carputer-I: '99 Honda Odyssey
                        Dual monitor, separate outputs: Finished
                        FP :: iGuidance :: WinDVD :: EPIA M-10000 :: Opus 150w :: In-dash/On-dash

Comment

The thing is, I like id3 tags and I don't want to delete them. Seems like there should be some better fix for this problem than removing my id3 tags.

Comment

Try Tag & Rename program sorted out my 30,000 tracks

Comment

OK so I'm an idiot. I figured out how to solve my problem without messing with my id3 tags. It was just a matter of the correct setting in frodoplayer. Setings2 -> playlist order -> sort by filename. All this time I thought the only place to set that was in settings1 -> Main -> Filename. I'm much happier with my car computer now that this is worked out ^__^

Comment

Working...
                              X