problems with build database

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problems with build database

I cannot make FP recognize all of my music. It is all either .ape or .mp3 files but is just simply doesn't see some of it. All of the music plays fine in WMP and is viewable in the directory with file manager so I can't figure out what is going on.
    I do a fresh "build" database. I exit the app. I come back in and its still not there. I looked in the FP error log and I do see some error. The errors I will post are all from today and the only buttons I have hit today are various settings (to view or set) and then choosing the various ways to view music in the FP browser to see if all my music is there.

Errors:
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:11 AM - 8002 - Invalid port number - MainModule-LoadLockOut - 0 - MSComm -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:12 AM - 13 - Type mismatch - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:13 AM - 429 - ActiveX component can't create object - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:13 AM - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:13 AM - 92 - For loop not initialized - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -

All of those were listed many times, especialy the "Object variable or With block variable not set".

In the DBErrors log I have maybe a 100 of these:
    3/4/2006 8:47:33 AM 9 Subscript out of range MainModule-GetGenreFromID 0 AXFrodoDB

Here is a link to one of the files that will not load.
    http://www.nwlink.com/~erice/02 - Out Of Exile.mp3

Any ideas?

Other questions:
    I see a setting called "Filter ID3 Tag Text". Mine is not set. What does this do?

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Edit: I just tried 1.09 to see if I had the same problems. Yep, same issues. Some songs load, some dont. Like for instance with Audioslave. I get the first song out of 12 off the same album. Only the first shows up but all are tagged the same. odd.
    My Work Thread:
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=72552
    Source switcher for Lill
    http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/show...d=1#post841007

make sure the id3 tags are properly filled out. they will come up in "all music" (or should) but when you go to artist or album, anything with an improper id3 tag formation will be under "Other"

try chnaging your media directory to a directory that has like 5 files in it so under all music its short and you can see everything. make sure all 5 pop up in all music. then go to artist or album and see what pops up. if theres a difference, its the id3 tag

also, in all music, change the "view" window from the visualization to the screen that is a black background with white txt. that is the file info read from the id3 tag. if you notice a difference in the format (i.e. no line seperations between track and artist) or anything out of the ordinary, your id3 tag is probably not set

Originally posted by EricE
    I cannot make FP recognize all of my music. It is all either .ape or .mp3 files but is just simply doesn't see some of it. All of the music plays fine in WMP and is viewable in the directory with file manager so I can't figure out what is going on.
    I do a fresh "build" database. I exit the app. I come back in and its still not there. I looked in the FP error log and I do see some error. The errors I will post are all from today and the only buttons I have hit today are various settings (to view or set) and then choosing the various ways to view music in the FP browser to see if all my music is there.

Errors:
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:11 AM - 8002 - Invalid port number - MainModule-LoadLockOut - 0 - MSComm -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:12 AM - 13 - Type mismatch - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:13 AM - 429 - ActiveX component can't create object - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:13 AM - 91 - Object variable or With block variable not set - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -
    3/4/2006 - 7:22:13 AM - 92 - For loop not initialized - frmDB-LoadSkin - 0 - FrodoPlayer -

All of those were listed many times, especialy the "Object variable or With block variable not set".

In the DBErrors log I have maybe a 100 of these:
    3/4/2006 8:47:33 AM 9 Subscript out of range MainModule-GetGenreFromID 0 AXFrodoDB

Here is a link to one of the files that will not load.
    http://www.nwlink.com/~erice/02 - Out Of Exile.mp3

Any ideas?

Other questions:
    I see a setting called "Filter ID3 Tag Text". Mine is not set. What does this do?

Any help you can offer is appreciated.

Edit: I just tried 1.09 to see if I had the same problems. Yep, same issues. Some songs load, some dont. Like for instance with Audioslave. I get the first song out of 12 off the same album. Only the first shows up but all are tagged the same. odd.

Comment

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=66286
      Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Working...
      X