Choppy Playback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choppy Playback

I had my frodoplayer working fine and now I've been having problems with choppy playback. Sometimes when my computer turns on cold boot, standby or hibernate..the music plays back choppy. This sometimes also happens just when it goes from one song to another.
    I DO have WMP 10 and VIS is off. The only thing that I can think of is that I used to have frodoplayer in my startup folder and now I changed it by removing it from the startup folder and adding it to start up automatically in the registry. Could that cause choppy playback? I searched but couldn't really find anything. Please help.
    Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

"Don't speak about it, be about it"

System specs? and what kind of files are you having prob with, also are you using a codecs packs?

Thanatos.
    RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
    We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

EPIA M 1000 Mobo
      512 RAM
      12GB C Drive
      120GB D Drive
      Frodo Player 1.09 Take 3
      Trying to play MP3s
      Turtle Beach Micro USB Audio Card
      XVID amd DIVX codecs for movie playback

The thing is that it will start playing choppy. Than I press stop or pause or whatever button and it take about 10-15 seconds for the button to actually work. So I can stop the playback and go back to the choppy song and it will play fine. So I know it's not the actual mp3 file. Maybe I should open up task manager and see what's hogging up the PC. I'm assuming it's just gonna say Frodoplayer but I may be wrong. Any suggestions?
      Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

Comment

everything else that is still starting up is hogging the CPU... run bootvis.. and see what you can do by eliminating unneeded services etc...
        Pentium 4m 1.5GHz|MB896|Roadie Extreme|XM-Direct|Rikaline 6010|T-View 7"|Streetdeck|160gb Western Digital|1Gb DDR2-533 Ram

Comment

Ok. So I ended up re-installing the OS and frontend on my carpc. I used nlite to create a small WinXP install. I used WMP9 instead of 10 and everything is working good now. Actually it's better than before. I was trying to get bootvis to run on the computer but for some reason it didn't work. I'll try it again. I wonder if I removed a service or something that bootvis needs to run. I want to see what's holding up my computer from starting up faster. Right now I'm at 35-40secs from hibernate to music playing.
          Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

Comment

Working...
          X