RESUME after hibernate frodoplayer paused until user input

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RESUME after hibernate frodoplayer paused until user input

I am running a clean install of XP Pro slipstreamed SP2. When i run frodoplayer (take 3) and use hibernate, on resume frodoplayer does not resume playing music until i press a key or move the mouse. This does not happen on my other computers. I have a p4 2.2 laptop with an ati radeon 7500 mobility. Every once in a blue moon, on resume the music will play immediately but 99% of the time it will not. anyone esle experience this?
    my car: 2003 g35 coupe, 2.5ghz c2d cpu, gigabyte micro atx mb, dsatx
    wife's car: 2004 honda accord coupe 2.4ghz p4 cpu, asus micro atx mb, opus 150
    company car: 2006 chevy avalanche 2.0ghz p4 laptop, cnx p1900

I am seeing this too. I've even gone as far as creating a macro exe that moves the mouse. I added this to the Frodo-Resume options but it doesn't execute until I provide some user input....go figure!

To make matters worse.... if i don't provide user input within 5-10 minutes my machine hibernates.

any ideas?

Comment

not to state the obvious but have you checked your power saving settings for hibernating after so many minutes idle?

i tried something similar to your mouse moving idea with no success. i found a program that would move your mouse every couple of seconds (some kind of gag program that someone wrote) and ran that before hibernating. after resuming from hibernate, the mouse would move every 5 seconds, but still no response from frodoplayer or navivoice. however winamp resumed playing music just fine. it has to be a driver issue. something specific to laptops maybe, but i've tried disabling everything i could in device manager but i still get the same thing. i haven't a clue what could be causing this. the weird thing is that winamp will run fine after hibernate, but frodo and navivoice hang. the only solution i can come up with is to open up my laptop case and hook up a delayed pulse to the screen open/close switch. i happened to notice that opening and closing the screen would un-hang frodo and navivoice just like pressing a key or moving the mouse. it's a very round about way to work around the problem but i have tried everything i know to do.

Comment

my carputer does the same exact thing, doesnt do anything untill I touch the screen and it will hibernate unless I touch the screen in like 5 minutes. I figured it was just something goofy with my mobo.

I have checked hibernation settings, bios settings, reloaded windows. no avail
        肚子笑痛了
        S60 Install

Comment

weird...i'm gonna have to check this hibernate after 5 minutes thing on mine too.

do you guys have laptops or regular desktop mobo's?

Comment

Originally posted by kuo
            not to state the obvious but have you checked your power saving settings for hibernating after so many minutes idle?
            Yeah, I checked this... thanks for the suggestion. When I move the mouse or hit a key, the computer will stay on indefinitely... so it can't be power saving settings. I am using an emachines mobo as well so it's not specific to laptops either. I will have to be a little more creative to find a valid workaround like you've done.

Comment

mine is a brand new ASUS desktop motherboard, inverter, lilliput, serial gps.
              肚子笑痛了
              S60 Install

Comment

You should check your settings in power management, it may be that it's configured to turn the monitor off / blank the screen after so many minutes

If you think about it, say you go into hibernation at 5pm and resume again at 7pm - your computer is going to suddenly think it's been idle for 2 hours.

Well that's just a theory, I'm probably talking crap
                Destinator 3 For PC! - http://www.map-monkey.co.uk/

Comment

Originally posted by Ninja Monkey
                  You should check your settings in power management, it may be that it's configured to turn the monitor off / blank the screen after so many minutes

If you think about it, say you go into hibernation at 5pm and resume again at 7pm - your computer is going to suddenly think it's been idle for 2 hours.

Well that's just a theory, I'm probably talking crap
                  I didn't think about this... Mine is configured to turn the monitor off after 30 min. But under normal operation, the monitor turns off and the music continues to play. I would expect the computer to do the same (continue playing) once resuming from hibernation.... But I will try this tonite unless someone already has.

Comment

mine is set to never go into standby or into hibernate, and if I touch the screen the computer will run for hours and hours without blanking or hibernating
                    肚子笑痛了
                    S60 Install

Comment

Is everyone only having a problem with frodo? or is this happening with other frontends?
                      肚子笑痛了
                      S60 Install

Comment

winamp runs fine after resume so any frontend that uses winamp will work. the ones i know work are mediacar, roadrunner.

i tried leaving my laptop on after resume from hibernate and not touch it, and it stayed on so i don't have the hibernating after being idle for 5 minutes problem. still wish frodo and navivoice work. at the moment i'm working on a modified brushed metal skin for roadrunner to use for this laptop.

Comment

hmm, well i'll try a couple other frontends just to make sure that it's frodo
                          肚子笑痛了
                          S60 Install

Comment

anyone get anywhere with this? i'm stumped
                            肚子笑痛了
                            S60 Install

Comment

Hmm thats kind of funny. I am using the same FP 1.09 and it seams to be working fine.
                              I mean it resumes fine from HIBERNATION and keeps playing the music on its own. and no shutting off or going back to hibernate mode in 5 odd mts...
                              Commell LV-677 DC 6 x 6" Mother Board
                              2.6 GHz; 1 Gb Ram
                              120 Gb Laptop HD
                              7" InDash Xenarc MTD - X7000 Screen
                              Gyration Mouse ; GPS Mouse ; ELM Scan ; TPMS
                              Parrot MK 6000 & iPhone
                              ----------
                              Re done the carputer...Into the Glove Box !!

Comment

Working...
                              X