Hesitation/temporary freeze

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hesitation/temporary freeze

Has anyone experienced this? When using frodo for music, once in a while it will freeze on any track, sometimes eventually come back...other times...stays like that until I reboot...any ideas?
    http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/2/web/170000-170999/170063_221.jpg

Did you check the cpu usage when it freezes...I'm kinda getting the same problem on certain mp3s. Checking the cpu usage shows like 95-100% cpu usage, thus causing a temporary freeze.

Comment

I will check and let you know...

edit...I checked and it froze on 100% usage...I think you and I have the same problem...interesting.....

Comment

bump

Comment

man, this is really starting to annoy me.

basically, any time there's any visualization...the system grinds to a halt. it also hesitates at the beginning of songs too.

WTF?

Comment

btw...just checked cpu usage in Windows Media Player 10...guess what? 95-100% with visualization on. Winamp 15-25% with visualization. Centrafuse 70% with visualization.

It must be something set up wrong with WMP10 (which is was Frodoplayer uses).

Comment

you can always use 9
              [H]4 Life
              My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
              It will be done sometime in the next generation.
              I'm a lesbian too.
              I am for hire!

Comment

how can I/(we) switch to verion #9?

Thanks,

Comment

yeah...i'm gonna try that.

i'll still love fp...so i don't want to give up on it.

Comment

Nope...going back to 9 didn't help the problem.

I noticed though, the problem seems to occur when switching from dir to dir sometimes. Say I'm in the Cake dir, playing a song, switch to the Pearl Jam directory and start another song, the cpu will go up to 100%. But if I switch out of the Pearl Jam directory to another one the cpu will go down again....then if I switch to the Pearl Jam dir again, start the same song, the cpu level will be okay. Weird

I wonder if it's a database thing? I keep trying to sync/build my database and everything seems to go okay. But then when I come back into settings 1, it says "0" in the database. Frodobaggins any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ZenerDiode
                      I wonder if it's a database thing? I keep trying to sync/build my database and everything seems to go okay. But then when I come back into settings 1, it says "0" in the database. Frodobaggins any thoughts?
                      ditto here as well

Comment

Originally posted by ZenerDiode
                        Frodobaggins any thoughts?
                        The 0 thing in settings for files doesn't mean anything.
                        It's only active when building the db.
                        [H]4 Life
                        My next generation Front End is right on schedule.
                        It will be done sometime in the next generation.
                        I'm a lesbian too.
                        I am for hire!

Comment

Just wanted to say that I have the same problem. First of all I love Frodoplayer..
                          When a song ends and a new one starts up...i get a hesitation during the first 10 seconds of the song and than it goes away. At first I thought it was the visualisations (mini screen). I changed it to show song info instead of visuals but that didn't help....
                          Any ideas????
                          Car PC Progress

(>>>>>>>>>>>>---) 90%

"Don't speak about it, be about it"

Comment

bump...in hopes of somebody else who might've come up with an answer.

btw...post your specs guys...maybe it's something we have in common.

Epia M10000
                            512MB RAM
                            Lifeview TV2000 TV/Radio Card
                            Windows XP SP1
                            Frodoplayer 1.09 Take 3
                            all the other required stuff (VB, MDAC, WMP9, JET)

Comment

I think its a skin thing or a codec thing

I have found it occurs on certain songs, espescially on "random" if I remember the song I delete it from the hdd and boom the problem goes away on that song, now this will be hard to grasp but say if its playing x song, when it switches to y song it freezes, I delete y song, tell fp to play x song and then it switches to a different song as y is deleted it seems to minimse the problem, cant say what makes the file bad but by doing this I have reduced the hangs / pauses to a big extent, kinda like weeding out the bad eggs.....
                              Nano ITX / 512 MB / 60 GB / Panasonic slot load / M1-ATX / Bu303 / Sound blaster 24 / PPi amps / rockford sub

Comment

Working...
                              X