I need a 600x800 skin!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a 600x800 skin!!

I want to turn my 800x600 screen sideways, but I NEED a 600x800 skin so I can still use FrodoPlayer!!!

Anyone have one? Hook me up, paaaaahhleeeeze!
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Do I need to say pretty please?
    So far:
    M10000 Nehemiah, 1Gb RAM, Opus 90w PS, Buffalo Tech WLI2-USB2-G54, 160 Gb HDD, GlobalSat BU-353 GPS, iGuidance, Zippy EL-610, Panasonic CW8123B Slim Slot CDRW/DVD, 10" Lilliput, Sony XA-300, Sony CDX-MP30 Head, OBD-II

Comment

r u goin' to have portrait display like PDAs??
      BMW E36 Project [ ========= ]
      Hardware:
      Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Epia M-10000 - HQCT 1.0 FM Radio - 2.5" 80Gb - USB GPS
      Software:
      FrodoPlayer 1.10 & MapMonkey with FriBruMet Skins by Frigor.

Comment

I'd like to do the portrait display. But if I can't find a skin for it, I won't mount my monitor that way, and just use the landscape display. I think portrait would be better for GPS use, since you would see more of the road ahead of you, than to the sides.
        So far:

Comment

Well, I'm sure you won't find a 600x800 skin. Why don't you make one yourself ?

Comment

Keep in mind u don't need a frontend skin only, but a gps skin too.... 'cause i think there's no skin actually made for a 600 width... OSK should not being displayed correctly...
            Hardware:
            Lilliput 7" Touchscreen - Epia M-10000 - HQCT 1.0 FM Radio - 2.5" 80Gb - USB GPS
            Software:

Comment

Why not make one myself? Because I tried that and failed miserably. I guess I just don't get how to skin stuff.

I use FrodoPlayer and iGuidance. I should only need a skin for FrodoPlayer, since iGuidance just maximizes itself within the FrodoPlayer screen area.

There was mention in the early FrodoPlayer posts about a 600x800 skin, and it was kinda implied that it came with FrodoPlayer, but I can't find it. The only skin I got with the software was the 800x600 stretched for 800x480 skin.
              So far:

Comment

Originally posted by tom2112
                I use FrodoPlayer and iGuidance. I should only need a skin for FrodoPlayer, since iGuidance just maximizes itself within the FrodoPlayer screen area.
                Basically FP too maximize in a window area...
                just change in FrodoPlayer.ini:
                Code:
                [ADVANCED]
                ADV_TOP=0
                ADV_LEFT=0
                ADV_WIDTH=600
                ADV_HEIGHT=800
                and
                Code:
                USE_ADVANCED_SCREEN_SETTINGS=TRUE
                Hardware:
                Software:

Comment

Sweet! I'll try that when I get home. Maybe that's why there's no 600x800 skin - you don't need one.

Thanks again Frigor!
                  So far:

Comment

I tried it here at work, and it works. Things are stretched, and the aspect ratio is a bit screwy. But it works just fine. I really should try the new skinning tools and see if I can do any better (this time) with my own skin.

Frigor: would you mind if I used your skin to base mine from? I'm thinking all I would do is stretch things and maybe move a couple things around for a portrait layout.
                    So far:

Comment

Originally posted by tom2112
                      I tried it here at work, and it works. Things are stretched, and the aspect ratio is a bit screwy. But it works just fine. I really should try the new skinning tools and see if I can do any better (this time) with my own skin.

Frigor: would you mind if I used your skin to base mine from? I'm thinking all I would do is stretch things and maybe move a couple things around for a portrait layout.
                      If u are able to download the psd files u can edit anything u want to made your own skin... the suggest i give u is to take a skin (IMGs) rotate it and re-edit the ini files with some tool or simply using a text editor...

Good luck!
                      Hardware:
                      Software:

Comment

Working...
                      X