how to create MINI button?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to create MINI button?

I'm pretty sure this question has been answered, but I've severely searched and I can't find it.

Is it possible to create a Mini-Mode BUTTON in the player? I've read Frodo's Mini-Shortcut FAQ, but it doesn't exactly answer.

I know I can get into Mini-Mode from the player by holding 3 seconds on unused portion, but I need a button. IMO, holding a button on a touchscreen is damn near impossible. Also, for whatever reason, the Mini-Mode I get to by holding 3 seconds is an unrecoverable Mini-Mode; I can't get back to Full.

I've also read Frodo say, if it isn't in skin.ini you can't button it. Well Mini is in skin.ini, albeit missing Top and Left. "MINI_WIDTH=35.15625
    MINI_HEIGHT=17.578125".

Ive added MINI_TOP and MINI_LEFT, but No Joy.

Can it be done?

Actually, I found where Frodo said its possible.

I can't make it work.

MINI_LEFT=93.75
    MINI_TOP=34
    MINI_WIDTH=5.875
    MINI_HEIGHT=8

I swapped this with a working "Search" button on my skin (yes, I commented out the Search lines).... and No Joy... Any ideas?

Comment

93.75 for left is way to much!!!...there is your problem.

Thanatos.
      RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
      We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Really? I took the Left from existing buttons.

;SEARCH_LEFT=93.75
        ;SEARCH_TOP=34
        ;SEARCH_WIDTH=5.875
        ;SEARCH_HEIGHT=8

MINI_LEFT=93.75
        MINI_TOP=34
        MINI_WIDTH=5.875
        MINI_HEIGHT=8

TASK_LEFT=93.75
        TASK_TOP=48.5
        TASK_WIDTH=5.875
        TASK_HEIGHT=8

I simply substituted the existing Search settings for Mini. If the Search button worked? Does "too much" still apply if the skin is 800X600?

Comment

... well all I know is that I tryed those numbers with two of my skins and the button doesn't work... also Fp use percentage instead of pixels like other FEs (every time I want to hide a button I use "_left=100 that way is out of the screen **doesn't matter the screen resolution**)

Thanatos.
          RexBruMet Skin for FrodoPlayer

Nissan Aux-in MOD

Originally posted by bgoodman
          We're an international forum, post in whatever langauge you like.

Comment

Can you confirm that a Mini-Mode button on the player screen SHOULD work? It can't be the measurements, because I can give the same button any other function, and it works.

Comment

Working...
            X