Clear All

• LinuxICE Beta

Here it is, Beta1.

Features:
    -New icepanel, the customizable server-panel
    -Added apps: Thunar file manager, restricted driver manager, synaptic
    -Fixed bugs: usb stick install bug, TS calibrator, iceinstall sudoers bug

download at http://linuxice.com
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

any gps map integration in beta 1?
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

Originally posted by blk02si View Post
      any gps map integration in beta 1?
      not in beta1. navit cvs had a bug that prevented me from putting it in beta1. However navit is now in the LinuxICE repo. There are still some bugs it seems, but it'll be fixed and updated for beta2.

nGhost2 may also be included (if it is ready) in beta2. It'll be a very integrated system with nGhost2 as a desktop instead of a frontend.

Comment

what is the system requirements for LinuxICE Beta1?
        i have just download it and want to try.
        Under construct: Dell Optiplex GX 150

Comment

i`ve try to install LinuxICE Beta1 but cannot. this message get: "input not support' and the display gone..
          why?
          same message get whit ubuntu!
          I think this meen display not support or videocard! dont know the resolution what it use LinuxICE when it began install(the first splash is display..like on xp when it boot but when is finish then get the message).
          My pc is Dell Optiplex GX 150(1Ghz, 128Mbram, 10Gb hdd).the videocard is onbord(1Mb i think).
          Please somebody help out.

Thankx

Comment

does graphics safe mode work? can you reserve more memory for the onboard video card? 1mb isn't really even good enough for 800x600. check the make of the video card and how much memory you can reserve for it.

Comment

adamopel:

"input not support(ed?)" sounds like your monitor is receiving a signal it can't process. In which case, you might be able to get to a usable screen by hitting Ctrl-Alt-+, which cycles through the available resolutions.
              EPIA NX15000G, OCZ 128GB 2.5" SSD, 1Gb RAM, 7" anti-reflective, transflective touchscreen, M1-ATX, HD-Radio, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, USB DVD+-RW.

Comment

i think cannot give more memory, only info have option, whit the existing bios version A09.
                but for sure will verify.

@miatacarpc this have try whit my home monitor(acer AL1916).
                i try now .
                thanks

Comment

@miatacarpc, i have use those key and work, but it still have problem, the display image on display is not clear.and cannot continue the install process(dont see any menu or other thinks)
                  the display resolution si more then 1024x768
                  i attach some picture whit the begin of installing.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Unfortunately, I think you need more system memory so you can allocate more video memory. 128MB is not a lot at all, and with 1MB video memory, you will have a hard time displaying any resolution.

When you say the image is not clear, what do you mean? have you tried cycling through all the available resolutions?
                    EPIA NX15000G, OCZ 128GB 2.5" SSD, 1Gb RAM, 7" anti-reflective, transflective touchscreen, M1-ATX, HD-Radio, Bluetooth, GPS, WiFi, USB DVD+-RW.

Comment

i have 512mb(one modul) but dont start the pc.i want to buy 2x 256mb but is not easy to find.at the moment i search for a geforce videocard whit tv output.
                      i will come back whit install screen shoot.

Comment

some photo.1360x768 this is the maximum resolution that suport my videocard.but not clear image...like do not identify video driver.
                        Attached Files

Comment

running any live cd with only 128mb RAM is going to be really slow. You may want to start with the ubuntu net boot cd, add the Linuxice repo and build up from there.

Comment

at for moment not will try to install LinuxICE(only if i have buy the memory and the videocard).
                            i download the Gentoo and never try it....if the install screen is text i will install.
                            thanks

Comment

Working...
                            X