nGhost 2.0.0 Final is out!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nGhost 2.0.0 Final is out!

It's finally out . you can get it at http://sf.net/projects/nghost/downloads

NOTE: that nghost now depends on libnghost to compile. I've created some debian packages for linuxice/ubuntu 7.04 and later for both libnghost and nghost packages.

screenshots:

Big thanks as always to the hard work done by the nGhost team:

tripzero
    kshots
    kantlivelong
    psy_cho
    billygalbreath
    eubey
    gladier

and to the entire nGhost community for their help in testing, defining features, and for driving with nGhost.

Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

Looking good Kev, I'm going to try it out, GPS included?

*edit, link broken.
    Build Things, it keeps your brain busy.

AutoPC v1 (Retired) - AutoPC v2 (in progress) - www.shocknet.us

Comment

ooops, link fixed.
      For GPS: Navit is looking good these days and I'd recommend anyone to take a look.

Comment

2.0.1 is ready just in time for Labor Day!

Features:
        * Bookmarking for audiobooks/podcasts/any media file you want nghost to keep track of the last position.

Bug fixes:
        *several bugs that occasionally would cause nGhost to crash
        *Listbox selector now moves to the current playing song.
        *bug in nprocessmanager that would close a process shortly after launch (thanks samr7)

Get it now: https://sourceforge.net/project/show...kage_id=249517

Comment

Looking good! How long does it take before music play on this FE?

Comment

Originally posted by Punky View Post
            If you mean from a cold boot, that is very hardware dependant.
            Fusion Brain Version 6 Released!
            1.9in x 2.9in -- 47mm x 73mm
            30 Digital Outputs -- Directly drive a relay
            15 Analogue Inputs -- Read sensors like temperature, light, distance, acceleration, and more
            Buy now in the MP3Car.com Store

Comment

Originally posted by Punky View Post
              That largly depends on your distro and how it's set up (in addition to hardware). I was able to hibernate/resume in about 11 seconds.

As for just nGhost, it has virtually no startup time, and switching between screens is fast. One cool thing is that nGhost has 3 memory modes so you can actually make it faster. By default, nGhost caches images as you need them, so it gets progressively faster the longer it's running.

Comment

Problems installing nghost in debian

Hello,
                I have installed all the requested dependencies. Here is the output I get after the ./configure
                config.status: executing depfiles commands
                Summary:
                core: yes
                dao: yes
                gui2: yes
                gui3: no
                log: yes
                net: yes
                plugins: yes
                mysql: no
                sqlite: yes
                curl: yes
                n2ograbber: yes
                ipc: yes
                phonon: no
                xine: no
                gstreamer: no
                sample: no
                hdradio: no

When I run make I get this error message
                g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I../.. -I../../src/log -I../../src/core -I../../src/dao -I../../src/net -I../../src/plugins/interface -D_GNU_SOURCE=1 -D_REENTRANT -I/usr/include/SDL -I/usr/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/usr/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/usr/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -I/usr/include/libxml++-2.6 -I/usr/lib/libxml++-2.6/include -I/usr/include/libxml2 -I/usr/include/glibmm-2.4 -I/usr/lib/glibmm-2.4/include -I/usr/include/sigc++-2.0 -I/usr/lib/sigc++-2.0/include -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include -g -O2 -MT libnghostgui2_la-listbox.lo -MD -MP -MF .deps/libnghostgui2_la-listbox.Tpo -c listbox.cpp -fPIC -DPIC -o .libs/libnghostgui2_la-listbox.o
                In file included from listbox.cpp:20:
                listbox.h:35:26: error: boost/bind.hpp: No such file or directory
                make[3]: *** [libnghostgui2_la-listbox.lo] Error 1
                make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Downloads/libnghost-2.0.1/src/gui2'
                make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Downloads/libnghost-2.0.1/src'
                make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
                make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/user/Downloads/libnghost-2.0.1'
                make: *** [all] Error 2

Ant help is appreciated.
                Thank you

Comment

The trick when troubleshooting a compilation error is to find what exact file it's choking on. Whenever you see a "No such file or directory" error during compilation, 99% of the time it's because of a missing dependency. How do you find the missing dependency? Do a reverse lookup of sorts on the file it's unable to find. In this case, googling for "boost/bind.hpp" gives you links to the boost C++ libraries. Chances are, you do not have those libraries installed on your system such that this compilation can just reference them and compile against them.

Depending on your distro, you'll be installing slightly different packages. Look for "boost" in your distro's available packages. It might be "boost-devel" or just "boost".

Comment

I just reread your post, and you referenced depfiles, so you're probably using debian/ubuntu.

Try this link:
                    http://tabreziqbal.wordpress.com/200...-debianubuntu/

Comment

apt-get install libboost-dev

sorry about the error

Comment

Thanks All

That's why I love Linux, so many knowledgeable people willing to lend a hand.
                        I installed the package and it ran through the installation successfully

I have downloaded and configured and installed nghost successfully, but when I try to run it I get an error message.

./nghost: error while loading shared libraries: libnghostgui2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I ran a search and it did find this file in the following directory.

# find / -name libnghostgui2.so.0
                        /usr/local/lib/libnghostgui2.so.0

Thanks Again

Comment

Originally posted by vyper1877 View Post
                          That's why I love Linux, so many knowledgeable people willing to lend a hand.
                          I installed the package and it ran through the installation successfully

I have downloaded and configured and installed nghost successfully, but when I try to run it I get an error message.

./nghost: error while loading shared libraries: libnghostgui2.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I ran a search and it did find this file in the following directory.

# find / -name libnghostgui2.so.0
                          /usr/local/lib/libnghostgui2.so.0

Thanks Again
                          seems like it installed correctly, maybe run ldconfig to update so your system knows about it? I know this is a hack but maybe try:

ln -s /usr/local/lib/libnghostgui2.so.0 /usr/lib/libnghost2.so.0

Comment

Man I want it...

But, Most of the toys in my chest only run in a windows envir. I would love to leave Bill. Will keep my hopes up though. Maybe one day
                            For those who fought FREEDOM has a flavor the PROTECTED will never know. Support our troops.

Comment

New Error

This is what I get when I try to run now that I applied the above fix, I get this message.

/usr/local/bin# ./nghost
                              09/14/2008 23:17:27 EDT - nghost.conf not found in ~/.nghost. Now looking in /usr/local/etc/nghost/.
                              09/14/2008 23:17:27 EDT - found config nghost.conf at /usr/local/etc/nghost/
                              Segmentation fault

Comment

Working...
                              X