• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• nGhost 2.0.2 is baked and released

New features:

* new "generic action" plugin interface
    * new voice synthesis plugin: NVoiceSynth
    * exposed screen change event to plugins (both over ipc and to generic action plugins)
    * additional default skin enhancements: exit menu, usb menus for audio/video
    * fixed a bunch of bugs

If you are interested in creating a plugin for nGhost, it can be done in 3 easy steps outlined here

NVoiceSynth usage and documentation:
    http://wiki.openice.org/index.php/Nghost_plugin_api

The Big Picture:
    This new plugin interface makes plugin creating pretty simple. Look for 2.0.3 to be heavy on the plugin side. Lot's of goodies on the way. (watch out RR)
    Former author of LinuxICE, nghost, nobdy.
    Current author of Automotive Message Broker (AMB).
    Works on Tizen IVI. Does not represent anyone or anything but himself.

yay!!!

Comment

openice.org down? Maybe I'm just having DNS issues...
      Tidder

Try RevFE
      The best resurrected frontend I've ever used, period.

I Wish I could ban people

Comment

openice.org is back up

There were some DNS mixups

Comment

site down again???

Comment

switch issue. it's up now.

Comment

Questions

kev000,

I know this is an old thread so please forgive me if this isn't an appropriate place to ask these questions.

I've been tinkering with an old laptop trying to get it to work in the car before I run out and buy specialized equipment and shell out time and $$ only to realize it may not work.

I've been trying to get your program (nghost) to work on my lap, but without success! I'm using ubuntu 8.10 (which is the only version to have found and worked with my broadcom wifi adapter).

Everytime I try to install I get errors surrounding Libxml++2.6c2a and I can't seem to find a work around. When I tried to install those files, they weren't available or couldn't be found.

I even tried to download the source and compile it myself, but to no avail. Just the ./configure screamed at me constantly for dependencies and installs of this dev and that dev.

I'd rather learn something out of this than be given a down and dirty fix so is there something I'm missing or something else I should be installing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

kjnelan

Comment

Originally posted by kjnelan View Post
                kev000,

I know this is an old thread so please forgive me if this isn't an appropriate place to ask these questions.

I've been tinkering with an old laptop trying to get it to work in the car before I run out and buy specialized equipment and shell out time and $$ only to realize it may not work.

I've been trying to get your program (nghost) to work on my lap, but without success! I'm using ubuntu 8.10 (which is the only version to have found and worked with my broadcom wifi adapter).

Everytime I try to install I get errors surrounding Libxml++2.6c2a and I can't seem to find a work around. When I tried to install those files, they weren't available or couldn't be found.

I even tried to download the source and compile it myself, but to no avail. Just the ./configure screamed at me constantly for dependencies and installs of this dev and that dev.

I'd rather learn something out of this than be given a down and dirty fix so is there something I'm missing or something else I should be installing?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

kjnelan
                Have you tried this :

Code:
                apt-get install libxml++-dev

Comment

Originally posted by goroX View Post
                  Have you tried this :

Code:
                  apt-get install libxml++-dev
                  Indeed I did. I have tried everything from Sunday to get the libs installed. I've tried apt-get, I've tried synaptic, I've tried compiling the source, You name it, I've tried it.

I've kind of solved the problem though... I finally decided just to teach my wife how to use Linux. With a touchscreen, it's pretty easy to use as is so thanks anyway.

kjnelan

Comment

unfortunetly, some of the package dependancy's names changed in 8.10. I'm using 8.10 here, and compile from source (obviously). It's not too hard, when configure complains, just fire up synaptic and search for what it says is missing.

You may have already tried that... if so, feel free to pop in the irc channel and we'll hook you up with some live help.

Comment

nGhost openSUSE

How to install nGhost in openSUSE? I'm new to linux.
                      What should I download and how do I install it?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by TRTR View Post
                        How to install nGhost in openSUSE? I'm new to linux.
                        What should I download and how do I install it?

Thanks
                        You'll have to compile it from source. Yum install the dev packages: subversion, autoconf, g++, taglib, libsqlite, libboost, libdbus-1, libcurl3-gnutils, and whatever else it complains about.

you can check out nghost via subversion by typing:

Code:
                        svn checkout https://nghost.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nghost/libnghost
                        and

Code:
                        svn checkout https://nghost.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nghost/nghost2
                        Then it's the standard:

./autogen.sh
                        ./configure
                        make
                        sudo make install
                        Configure will complain if it's missing something that the application needs. Uses opensuse's package manager to search for the package, install its devel packages and rerun. Takes a while, but you'll eventually get it configured, compiled, installed and running

Comment

Originally posted by kev000 View Post
                          You'll have to compile it from source. Yum install the dev packages: subversion, autoconf, g++, taglib, libsqlite, libboost, libdbus-1, libcurl3-gnutils, and whatever else it complains about.

you can check out nghost via subversion by typing:

Code:
                          svn checkout https://nghost.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nghost/libnghost
                          and

Code:
                          svn checkout https://nghost.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/nghost/nghost2
                          Then it's the standard:

Configure will complain if it's missing something that the application needs. Uses opensuse's package manager to search for the package, install its devel packages and rerun. Takes a while, but you'll eventually get it configured, compiled, installed and running
                          Thank you, I will try that

Comment

kev are you still working on this front end?
                            I posted a question in the 2.0.0 thread but i realize i should have posted it here.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1312446-post48.html
                            Um, I guess this is where you put something witty.WITTY

My Web site, in the design stage. http://home.comcast.net/~cstrachn

Modified RRSkinEditor http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=65723

Comment

Originally posted by pRoFiT View Post
                              kev are you still working on this front end?
                              I posted a question in the 2.0.0 thread but i realize i should have posted it here.

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/1312446-post48.html
                              Ooops, sorry i missed this thread... Use the latest code from svn. It has fixed those compile issues.

nGhost 2.1 is still in active development and is getting a number of good bug fixes. If it keeps baking any longer, we may have to rename it 2.5.

Comment

Working...
                              X